Drag and Drop Samples with RYTM via Overbridge

Now, i seemed to remember on the Overbridge Roadmap this being a thing that was coming, infact we already know its been implemented on mac by a third party so its obviously possible.

Has this been forgotten / cancelled or just still in the future? whats the latest?

SDS Drop uses the same tech as c6 -plain old MIDI - there is no Overbridge involved. It’s just more convenient due to some sysex tricks, and more stable.

2 Likes

Yeah but its not pc compatible, I am thinking more drag samples onto a pad in overbrdige and it transfers and set it up for you.

SDS drop for pc would be cool too.

1 Like

No …

Coming in April (poss via OB)…

10 Likes

I do recall one elektron dev stating “this is being adressed, the current rytm sample transfer is way too slow”. Very happy to hear it’s finally on the horizon!

I am surprised this feature (and being able to install and locate sound packs easily) isn’t more of a priority for Electron. The only reason I don’t buy more sound packs is I cant be bother with will the install process and switching projects etc to find things, I personally would have done this first in overbriodge, they will sell more sound packs!

1 Like

I have bougth some sample packs, but in the future I won’t bother. Transferring the kits is ok once you figure out how, but as kits are tied to projects, it’s a pain to use! You should be able to change the kits for a track easily. Now it changes the whole project WITH all hardware settings! Its madness.

If they had a sample kit shop tied to overbridge and easy management and transfer included, Elektron would surely sell more kits.

Load Kit (one of the potential 128 stored per project) from the Kit Menu seems easy enough, surely … it could do with being one step quicker in terms of Menu interactions (a bit like the one-step ease of loading sounds on the A4) (i.e. Fn +Hold(Kit) takes you straight to Kit Load menu)

Kits and samples should be loaded out of universal pool instead of project.

1 Like

It’s the kit tied to project part that is the pain point. fingers crossed for a complete overhaul.

1 Like

Fantastic i had missed that nugget of good news!

Nice! Can’t wait!

By the looks of this new Elektron Transfer software it seems like a replacement to C6 so just dropping samples into the pool not actually dropping them direct onto pads.

1 Like

Is there a beta build out?

2 Likes

it’s on the Digitakt support page…

1 Like

yes if you go to elektron.se https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=digitakt#resources

1 Like

So… DigiTakt only, no Rytm; standalone; and just to the pool rather then directly onto the pads like an awesome bit of software I know of?

1 Like

yeah by the looks of it. Would love SDS Drop PC!!! unless it was planned with the OB update but why would they make this app if it was planned for OB.

1 Like

Didn’t they say that it wouldn’t be happening in Overbridge?

Caveat: I don’t pay much attention

2 Likes

I am guity of that too chap, I would find it an ODD thing to rule out considering how good it would be for the usability.

but tbh its looking that way isnt it.

1 Like