Doubt AR2 or AR1

Hello elektronauts … I have been wanting to buy another elektron machine for a long time, I already have a digitakt … I wanted to ask about this:
Honestly, the analog rythm 1 instead of the 2 (maybe a good used one) would be fine … other question … would it integrate well with the digitakt (both being drum machines)?

Imo You would be better off getting a digitone,
the Rytm and Digitakt are similar except the analog drum parts and a few extra things,
the mk2 has extra performance knobs that make it a bit better and more different.
as you said they are both drum machines…
unless you really need the analog sounds,
I think they share the most out of all the elektrons

1 Like

Sure, why not?

The more interesting questions are whether it would complement your existing setup and how you think it would help you make music …

3 Likes

All my Elektron boxes work fine together … but having two drum machines working together well, is IMO more a question of the kind of music we are making rather than a technical integrativeness :wink:

No melodic and harmonic content needed? Or … deeper sample mangling?

2 Likes

Second hand analog 4! Analog drums, chords, leads, unison bass sounds, weird effects, song mode for the digitakt, the list goes on…

1 Like

Actually, my belief is just a simple whim … but given the investment that I should undertake … I guess I understand that the best elektron machine that I could integrate now … could be the digitone

1 Like

The DN is very versatile and it’s 8 voices can be everything from a cutting-through-the-mix solo voice to a thick ambient polyphonic harmony. You will enjoy the DN … and have lot’s of fun :smiley:

2 Likes

I am still very tight … there is an online site that is making offers. Probably mine is only a whim, considering that for my functions, what I have could already be enough … or a digitakt plus the push 2, but the temptation to fiddle with an analog R2 is really strong !! :frowning:

Can you go to a shop or find a friend so that you can try one out? If it’s a difficult decision for you then do everything you can so that you feel comfortable in the decision. There’s nothing wrong with taking your time to decide. You’ll appreciate your decision more.

While youre deciding make music with what you have and then enjoy the lower used prices when you’ve finally decided.

1 Like

Yes … you are right … even if reading other posts similar to mei … it seems that the best option is to integrate the digitone to my digitakt !!