Doing live with MD and Ableton

I’ve never done a live set with MD, it’s my first Elektron.
I am trying to do a very simple things where I am only mainly using MD and few synths on Ableton.
And I am curious how to go about doing a live set in a simple way.

I was thinking to prepare MD in Song mode, long enough to fit several tracks and let it run with Ableton. Use arrangement view, so I know when to put synth part etc. I want to make the set very basic, so I can do more tweaking and do vocal parts live.

Is this sounding ok? I am not so technically knowledgable, so feel like I am overlooking other methods.
Hope I can get some tips, thanks!

My brain always goes to how to get rid of the computer…or at least make it minimal.

• Sample the synth lines
  • Sample the synth tones and rebuild the lines in MD which would give it a unique flavor
  • Use the MD sequencer to sequence the synths, don’t use ableton sequencer
  • If you have a cheap synth use that to recreate synths live - they dont have to match ableton exactly

Those are just ideas to chew on.

I have the same idea I wanna do. Just using MD and MnM only with songmode. But I got to record sometimes… Do you recommend Ableton for record audio or other programs? Cheers

Cool, haven’t thought of recreating the parts on MD. Will give it a try, thanks.
Same here. Once I got Md, I am slowly moving away from the computer.

I just use Ableton, too used to it to change to any other. It does the job for me.