Does this exist?

I am currently linking up some midi gear that uses a mix of trs type a and b and I need to run them into a midi thru box. This involves a mix of midi cables and trs to midi adapters and a midi thru box

Has nobody made a trs in to trs multi out box? The ins and outs accepting mini type a or b cables?

I found some with large jacks for pedals but with mini trs midi so popular I thought there would be more options?

nearest thing could be this RK006: Portable MIDI/Gate Master Hub / Standalone Host / Multiclock

I had looked at that one and saw they used trs a to midi din and thought it was only trs a but reading further it says ordinary mini jacks can be used and mentions nts 1 which is type b so I’m guessing it takes both.

This sounds perfect, thanks

Bit annoyed as I was going to buy one of these and bought the oplab instead. This would have a lot more flexibility and use cases

Eurorack format OK?

I’m sure you can DIY one pretty easy. Theres a bazillion DIY thru boxes, just replace the DIN’s with TRS.

Theres also these. Can’t find a better link right now tho…

2 Likes

Hadn’t thought of eurorack but that looks like what I need.

Those converters would be handy also to have

FYI NTS-1 is Type A

1 Like

i just realized that euro rack thing says:
This TRS version is capable to set a MIDI specification per port for TRS-A or TRS-B by moving jumper settings. This provides the flexibility to interface it with all vendors no matter of the specification used.

looks like i might be ordering a couple…

1 Like

Yep saw that and thought thats perfect. Good find