Does Digitakt Overbridge Support MacOS Aggregate Devices

Hi Digidudes,

I love Overbridge, I love being able to see all of my individual tracks in Reaper but I only have one complaint. I’m having to mash all of my synth tracks into the input channel on my Digitakt. I really want them to be separated out to tweak my recordings if a make a mistake when I’m recording.

I’ve seen a great looking mixer that will do this (Behringer XR18). I also know that you can create an aggregate device in MacOS to combine the Digitakt and XR18 as a single source and this should record every instrument with its own single track in theory.

Has anyone tested this? Obviously,I don’t want to spend my dirty cash on something that won’t work, so any advice you could offer would be really appreciated.

Thx!
Gord

1 Like

Can’t speak to the mixer but I do use the Digitakt/tone, Focusrite Scarlet, and some Roland Boutique’s as an aggregate device. Newest MacOS into Ableton. Works great, no complaints at all.

2 Likes

Fantastic, I’ll give it a go then. Thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

If you’re using Overbridge 2 Beta, you don’t need to include the Digitakt within an aggregate device. You can stream the individual Digitakt tracks directly to your DAW via the Overbridge plugin.

My setup took a little trial and error. I experienced some initial audio glitches which might have been down to a USB hub. I now have my Digitakt connected to my computer via a dedicated USB port with my audio interfaces sharing another USB port via a USB hub.

All seems to be working OK with the following:

• MacOS High Sierra v10.13.2
  • Ableton Live 10.0.6
  • Overbridge 2.0.11.2 Beta
  • Digitakt OS 1.11 Beta 6

See screenshots below for my specific settings.

Note that I’m only using an aggregate device to combine two Focusrite Scarlett audio interfaces (2i4 and 2i2) for four external inputs and just the Scarlett 2i4 for my outputs.

The Digitakt is NOT part of the aggregate device, its audio is routed via the Overbridge VST to eight audio tracks within Ableton Live.

I hope that helps!

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks James. I’ll try doing the same setup in Reaper.

1 Like