Does anyone sync OB machine, which is streaming audio to the VST via it's midi input?

Wondering if anyone syncs an OB machine to external midi clock, such as Cirklon/USAMO/OT etc into ARMK1/A4MK1’s MIDI IN and still manage to stream audio to the 1.1.15 OB Plugin?

Would love to hear your experiences if so.

TIA :slight_smile:

''Twas a long time ago but when I dabbled with OB1 I had AR streaming usb audio while being synced to OT over DIN. You just need to turn “Machine Sequencer Sync” to Off in the plugin and make sure receive transport and clock are checked on AR… :slight_smile:

Thanks! How was the latency of playing AK/AR keys/pads in this config?

It was over 2 years ago that I used it, I’d just go ahead and try it and see if it works for you. I remember coaxing the lowest latency by creating an aggregate device on Mac with my thunderbolt interface set to 96,000 sample rate before creating the aggregate and enabling clock drift for the OB box, but that’s not really a route I recommend. I think the last version of OB1 had a better latency using the plugin than the first few versions. I play live guitar through plugins which is affected by OB latency and I own an uber fast thunderbolt interface so for me it was too much added latency to sacrifice compared to what I get from my interface in any scenario.

Again though I recommend just trying it, it might be fine for you and doesn’t take long to check out…

1 Like

Will do :slight_smile: Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

1 Like