Does Anyone Know of Any external Battery Maker that specializes in small, extra compact external battery packs?

looking for the smallest externals to pair with the digitakt, but that have long time usage… ?

Did you check here?

Also useful table from another thread:

useful table
1 Like

yeah, thanks for posting that but it’s just a general list, I’m looking for something more specific

As you can see, the digitakt was not designed for use with a battery pack so the answers you receive may be of the more general variety. Small and long time usage are very general criteria. The cell type of the battery, the perception of the user as to what is physically small and what is a long time usage, and the budget you are willing to spend on getting an external battery that meets your criteria should be edited and addressed in your first post if you want useful answers and don’t like to use google or search functions. It’s just not so cut and dry as to have a go-to battery pack for the digitakt that is small, affordable and has a long battery life or everyone would already have one.

If you want to look at this link to google small external battery pack 12v - Google Search

or this battery pack which matches the psu requirements Fast Charging Power Bank 12V 20000mAh | Portable Charger For Iphone11, 12 pro max, se | INIU (iniushop.com)

that’s the best I can do, but I don’t have any experience with that battery pack, I’m just using the information available by looking at the power supply unit and using google.

1 Like

thanks for your response and links as well, I just figured that within this context if there were some good go to options folks might have already formed a consensus about them… or… that maybe someone might have come across some new information because these kind of things change over time albeit slowly…
I’ve been through all of the battery threads and probably posted in them sometime ago… but I will keep on the look out :slight_smile:

I think any regular power bank will do. For example Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 3 Ultra Compact with 10,000mAh capacity and 74% efficiency (conversion rate) theoretically can supply Digitakt for almost 4 hours:

3.7V * 10,000mAh * 0.74 / 12V / 583mA = 3.9h

There are power banks with both higher efficiency and capacity in enclosure not bigger than your palm.

1 Like

lol I looked as well. I’ve had a hard time finding any hard info. A lot of people want to convert to internal battery but it takes a bit of connecting multiple batteries together and so power brick doesn’t always come up. I know the anker ones are ok but they are round so kind of awkward. The one I saw with 20000mah is a good start bc power supply unit is 12v 20a and that is equiv. to 20000ma. Let me know if you buy it and it works, that’s a good price.

FWIW li-polymer is supposed to be more compact than lithium ion but I think it’s more expensive.

1 Like

maybe ultra compact is the kind of terminology I should be looking for, thank you

wow I didn’t know that about polymer that is good to know, at this point I don’t care what it cost lol… if it’s compact and last I’ll take it!

1 Like