Does AH save it's state on power off?

Question - should the Analog Heat save it’s state as it was when it was switched off?

Eg: I set the AH to Saturation preset and then adjust the frequency. I power off. Should it reboot with the adjusted frequency or should it go back to the default Saturation preset settings?

I ask as it’s not doing for me. Instead it seems to reset to the preset default.

?

It goes back the preset state, that is normal. If you want to keep any changes, save before powering off.

3 Likes

OK thanks for the heads up.

Chill TFO.

Here are a few examples of Elektron machines where state is remembered on power down and Kits/Presets/Sounds are not reverted back on start-up.

Analog Four
Analog RYTM
Digitakt
Digitone
Monomachine
Machinedrum

The Analog Heat behaves differently to all their other machines in this regard.

So yeah, chill.

1 Like

I can’t confirm at the moment, but if you have the AH connected to overbridge it will power up with the last selected preset. (90% sure.)

1 Like

Yeah, and if you use with OB and Total Recall then it will save it’s state with the DAW file. Useful for sure.

I find it a shame that the Heat doesn’t just remember it’s state as often I’ll be making small tweaks and adjustments to parameters through the life of a song. Having to create a new preset each time I power down my set up to account for those tweaks seems excessive.

Ah well.

Yah, took me awhile to figure out what it was doing as I was so used to other Elektron boxes.

I basically have to run OB as my press Preset knob down doesn’t work on mine :frowning: probably an easy fix, just haven’t got around to it.

Yeah, my apologies. That came off way snottier than I thought.

1 Like