Do msprj files compatible with Digitakt?

Can you basically load msprj files (Model Samples projects) to Digitakt and will they work?

Nope

2 Likes

So if you grow and buy Digitakt as a level up you can’t bring projects done on MS? So no legacy? I probably have to just copy samples from MS to Digi and kinda manually enter sequencer data? Hm…

Can I save projects from Digitakt to PC similar to msprg (with samples)? Or this feature is only for MS?

Try to unlearn the conventional idea of a project with these devices. Don’t treat anything you create with them as freely portable or modular. And yes it is probably up to you to manually recreate things if that’s what you need from the DT. If it were me I’d be thinking about just recording what I have on MS into stems or songs and start fresh.

Otoh if anyone has created or is working on a project converter for these devices I wouldn’t be surprised. They do basically the same things. One has only 96 patterns vs 128 though.

And yeah DT supports Transfer

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! I’ll have to record projects in different variations. Maybe each track will be recorded as a loop and then I’ll be able to combine sample loops in any samplers.