Do aliens listen to music?

The US Army pilot that saw one of the latest ones was on Joe Rogan, quite interesting.

3 Likes

They dont listen or make it in the same way we do but instead each piece of machinery they make emits its own musical noises and interacts with other devices in the room to make what would we call music. To them it is just wonderful background noise that is so common place and beautiful that no one who has heard it would ever consider the idea of music when such machine sounds exist.

2 Likes

On a similar note I often wonder if animals hear/sense rhythm, melody and harmony in the same way as us humans.

If I play a really beautiful piece by Erik Satie does my dog understand itā€™s beauty and harmony? She often sings in the car when sheā€™s excited about our destination but it sounds mostly horrendous. Do dogs have a different sense of melody/harmony than us or is my dog just a shitty singer?

5 Likes

The real question is, how does your dog know the destination? It must be an alien spy.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha! She just loves our summer cabin more than life itself. Maybe 500 metres before we arrive there she starts singing. Sheā€™s also of what people call a ā€primitive breedā€. Sheā€™s a xoloitzcuintli which is one of the oldest dog breeds (Over 3000 years old.) Theyā€™ve been known to have heightened senses.

Edit: That really makes her sound like an alien come to think of it.

4 Likes

Snake Jazz: Rick & Morty Snake Jazz

3 Likes

tumblr_mt6b9nKFca1sd55ito1_400

/Thread

3 Likes

I worked with many aliens in the U.S., about 50/50 illegal/illegal, and I can assure you they listen to music.

2 Likes

I think they made this. https://exophobiaorgqebrus.bandcamp.com/album/-

3 Likes

I think they made this.

something oddly terrifying about that hahaha

No, aliens listen only to Vogon poetryā€¦

2 Likes

Do you have Netflix? Check out Explained - Episode 1. Explains some animals perception of music.

2 Likes

of course they do image

1 Like

Now probingā€™ ainā€™t easy but itā€™s necessary
So Iā€™m chasinā€™ humans like Tom chased Jerry
Iā€™ll put the pedal to the flo-uh
In my U F O Explo-uh
You know how itā€™s done

2 Likes

They do. Unless my TV is lying to me? Like dolphins and dogs harmonising with opera and classical music. And whales singing ā€œsongsā€, because the people listening are like ā€œoh thatā€™s not taking, thatā€™s singing, because we totally understand whalesā€.

1 Like

3 Likes

Well if you believe that we were created by aliens, then aliens are responsible for the art that we create. Whether they appreciate it or care is another matterā€¦

When I think about art, itā€™s the manipulation of our senses in a pleasing or thought provoking way. Only our sense of touch seems to be neglected this way.

If you imagine other types of senses that an alien could have, I think telepathy is one that can quickly come to mind. In this way, aliens could create species or implant false beliefs as a form of art which tickles their telepathy.

More plausible is that they could feel energy that we could not perceive and when you mix 7 billion little Human oscillators with billions of other creature oscillators, it probable creates quite the ā€œsoundā€.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant

Lotā€™s of martial arts and that sort of stuff out there.

1 Like