DNRandomize

here’s another randomizer, this time for the DN :smiley:

this is the first version and i don’t have a DN to test it so there could be things not properly working, anyone using it please do report any issue. don’t forget to support further developments, thanks and have fun! :smile_cat:

11 Likes

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Cool! You’re making a lot of people very happy!

1 Like

:scream::laughing:

1 Like

that’s nice :smile:

1 Like

Yess thank u for this!!

1 Like

it mostly works ,
a few parameters are not changing … e.g. Syn1 Aglo , Filter Env (see below) , Sy2 A & B Levels ,
all of the comb parameters do nothing except the top value , which is altering FLTR Env.
on AMP - AENR isnt changing
lfo1 Mode isnt changing

but its bleeping and tweaking.
hooked up with overbridge on , via usb.

1 Like

other stuff isnt changing but my reply seems to have been truncated.
default fx channel on mine was 9 , Fx’s seem to change.
not sure about the track locks.

if you allowed people to define midi channel , cc , range , heading and save config files , we could go crazy with power , but it might make it hard to sell/monetize in any way in the future (if you had those types of plan)

1 Like

i did not include some of those parameters so that one can change them manually; i will also have to implement NRPN messages, at the moment is just using MIDI CCs, that’s probably why some of the parameters don’t change much, nonetheless i’ll double check things. thanks @re5et

2 Likes

you can already define/change MIDI channel for each track, click on the logo on the bottom left corner… :smile_cat: (…and on the ‘i’ top left corner).
some of those extra features might be added at some point…

1 Like

it’d turn into a universal random thing for the entire world… and if each box had midi / usb device i could plug everything in a randomize from my evil lair.

but maybe not tonight…
thanks for getting this up and running … nrpn’s are a pain , i usually avoid them.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

The range on the Syn1 page is a little wonky - every time I hit it it jacks all of the operator tunings up to 16. If it’s possible to manually specify range of parameter randomisation that’d be great.

Can’t wait to try this, thanks!

1 Like

there’s still some fixing needed, which should hopefully happen in the next few days (and be checked). as mentioned above, i don’t have a DN to test things out so all feedback are more than welcome. thanks @estragon :smiley:

I uploaded a plist I am using for randomization here: https://www.elektronauts.com/files/470
This should help you with the high-res parameters, as I included the ranges, defaults, etc…for example if you want to randomize the Filter Frequency, don’t think of it as 0-127 but rather 0-16,256

If you want to send the Filter Frequency value 3000: send cc_msb of (3000 / 128) and cc_lsb of (3000 % 128). The cc_msb should be sent first.

*For the Harmonics parameter, whatever you calculate for the cc_msb, add 37 to it (no idea why they did that)

3 Likes

are you putting this into a hardware box one day?

thanks, much appreciated @mekohler the list will definitely help :smiley:

:thinking: :scream: :smile_cat: