DN loses changes on power off

I just bought a DN and have been thoroughly enjoying it!
However, it seems to behave different than the DT I have. When I make changes on the DT (patterns, sounds, etc.) and power off, they are in the same state I left when I power back on. For the DN, when I power off, I lose all changes unless I save the pattern to the project.

In fact, every time I power on, all patterns are blank and all tracks are the default sinewave. I need to reload the project to get everything back. If I don’t reload the project (and try to save a pattern for example), I get “N/A: Unsaved project” error.

DN OS version 1.31 (and a “D” on the left of the startup screen).

Is this a setting I can change? Do I need to return the DN for repair?

Thanks for any help!

Have you contacted Elektron support?

1 Like

This is not how my Digitone is behaving, it saves all states all the time, just like on the Digitakt. It sounds like something may be wrong with your device.

1 Like

Thanks, I was worried that was the case. I will try contacting Elektron, or get the device returned where I bought it.

1 Like

I would first contact Elektron, so that they are aware that something is wrong.
In case it’s some kind of bug, it’s better if it’s identified.
I would also contact the reseller to cover myself and let opened a door to return it.

1 Like

So just to provide some closure on this, the Digitone unit had some sort of defect and has been returned (and will make its way to Elektron), and I now have a replacement unit that works great!

If you’re curious, Elektron recommended checking test mode and running a factory reset (from the startup menu). Test mode showed no errors and the factory reset did not make a difference.
I also tried empty reset (no difference), downgrading to firmware 1.30 (no sounds!!), and re-upgrading to 1.31 (same issue was present). Perhaps this info can be useful to someone in the future…

5 Likes