DN Inputs extremely sensitive?

I’m building a set with the (soon to be received) DT and my DN running through the OT’s 2 inputs. I then have my iPad running through the inputs of the DN as I’m using it for all my pad sounds. It seems that the DN inputs distort at various levels/frequencies but there isn’t always a pattern to when or why it would distort. It def. does happen more often with mid/high frequencies, but not all the time. I have the DN input volumes down a bunch. It also gets worse if I add chorus to the inputs via the DN master page. Any ideas?

They are sensitive - with the Peak for example I can go to 30-45 max - beyond it‘s like you describe.

1 Like

yes. With mother32 or dfam I set them to 30 max

1 Like

Does it feel like you have to turn the inputs down so much that you can’t even always hear them? It’s ridiculous.

Yes - I asked this question a while back. I believe unity gain for line level stuff is around 25-30. It’s by design, so you can plug all kinds of stuff in.

I usually set my inputs to 30 for line level stuff. I don’t have any issues with clipping, distortion or things feeling too quiet.

When inputting analog synth into the Digitone, I set the input level between 10 and 20. Otherwise, I also get distortion in the mids and highs.

It’s very handy that the input level is saved with the pattern, so you can store the input levels for different input signals.

Another thing I noticed is the output of the Digitone to be very hot. I try to avoid maxing out the levels as this always pushes the Digitone into clipping. Thus, it might also help to lowering the output levels to avoid distortion.