DN freezes on startup / DSP Boot Failure on firmware 1.10

Thank you.
this still happens with the newest OS, but I will try a few other things to try and figure it out .

Guys , I have boot freeze on newest os 1.21 :grimacing:
I bought my DN two weeks ago , And now this problem. Selftest said that everything ok. Every button is work also, seems like software problem. Thinking about return back my favorite box…

1 Like

Can you please describe how your DN is connected? I mean with other devices and about power.
Also check Digitone manual section “IMPORTANT SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS” - Restart “For a complete restart of the Digitone, wait for at least 30 seconds after turning it off before turning it on again.”

Is DSP boot failure happens with this rule?

I’ve had maybe two dsp boot failures since 1.21 it’s fairly rare. In the most recent case I had the DN and machinedrum connected via midi and audio and flipped their power switches at the same time which I think sent a bit of a shock to the DN while it was trying to boot. In general it’s rather stable and you shouldn’t experience that issue much if at all. It’s not that your digitone is bad they all do it. just give it a power cycle (waiting a few seconds) and you’ll be fine. it used to happen a LOT more frequently.

I just started getting dsp boot failure messages, it happens every time I turn the digitone on.
Firmware 1.30 is installed. No help from elektron so far…

seems like some weird bug with receiving midi messages from other gear

Hi mates, my Digitone died yesterday. It only runs to logo and test mode shows 1 error. I have a gig this Saturday and this fuck me a lot :frowning:
I traed restarted without audio and midi and on other switch but nothing changes.
I created a ticket today.

… same on my Digitone, on 1.40B. It started after I connected a MIDI Keyboard (Arturia Minilab MK3) - could this be the issue?

Cheers!