DN freezes on startup / DSP Boot Failure on firmware 1.10

Did you get any news?

Get my digitone in December. It just started making this high-pitch noise and bundle of reason for crashing. I formatted the device and it hasnā€™t dont it since.

Just received a brand new Digitone today, with 1.10B loaded in.
First boot was ok, I started playing with it for 15 minutes. Then I powered it off and on quickly, to check if the project was auto-saved => got me a ā€œDSP Boot Failureā€ :confused:

I restarted it, and the error disappeared. I tried again twice and it didnā€™t appear again.
Hopefully this gets sorted out, not a good sign for an absolutely brand new machine.

Has anyone got news from the support ?

1 Like

@theAndroid Are you running the DN by itself or do you have other gear connected to it through midi or usb? I used to get boot failures while trying to turn both my digitones on at the same time while they were connected through midi.

Since I started turning one on first and then the other (now I have DT and DN but I still do this) I donā€™t get boot failure ever. I havenā€™t gotten it since last year.

1 Like

Nothing plugged in.
It really was the second boot I did, I received it this morning.

Maybe I restarted it too fast ?
Simple assumption but maybe there is a full memory dump or whatever electronic component ā€œflushā€ that needs to be finished before rebooting.

From manual:

3 Likes

Thanks @Open_Mike, this is good to know.
It looks a like a good culprit, hopefully this is it :wink:

1 Like

I havenā€™t received this error in a long time. It seems it took care of itself. Perhaps since Iā€™m not using the original project that is preinstalled with all the preset patterns? Not 100% though.

Received my DN last week. Powered on/off fine about a dozen times.

Then earlier tonight I left it on for about an hour unattended, came back to find it soft locked (wasnā€™t responding to input). I removed all cables and power cycled it (30+ seconds) now Iā€™m not getting anything, no splash image, no boot, just a single flash of trigger leds.

Opened up a support case but Iā€™m readying for the RMA now. Sounds like I got the real short end of the stick with mine.

Where did you get the 1.10B?
Canā€™t find it on their support page. It seems that some are lucky and get lesser failes. Maybe I will draw the lucky lot with 1.10B too :slight_smile:

:sob:

It was delivered as-is this week, I guess my unit is very recent in the production line.

Mine did it this morning too, itā€™s an early unit probably from the first batch, os 1.10, and it happens from time to time randomly.

Oh, hmmmā€¦ I think it may be on the support page then in a few weeks from now?! Thanks mate.

Does anyone here have a copy on 1.02 that they could email until the bug is fixed? Just want to try it. Looking for Mac. Canā€™t find my file for it

You can get all versions from Elektron support by sending them an email request.

1 Like

Itā€™s not restricted to 1.10 versions, the DSP boot failure error was already reported with earlier OS versionsā€¦

1 Like

Those B versions are on the overbridge beta testing threadā€¦

Guess you have a point there. Going to pay attention to it now but I found out my issue is when I change the midi settingsā€¦ Weird