Display goes into backlight only

I have a borrowed monomachine mk1 that the display goes off to just backlight after a while. Power cycling makes it come back. Hav you experienced this? The cost for a repair is the same as buying a new unit. What might cause this, unstable power supply? It continues to work , I can use it … it is just the display that stops working.

EDIT I just tried factory reset and it has now been on a couple of hours. I have pressed keys on it now and then during that time. I hope it stays stable!

it’s difficult to say via remote diagnosis. are there coming unusual noises from the power supply maybe? a light hum is normal. by the way, i own two MK1 power supplies for my Monomachine and Machinedrum. they are, of course, of the same. but one of them seems not working with my Monomachine without issues, because the LCD dims, the more Leds are glowing. with the Machinedrum, it works fine. maybe it has something to do with the Display. The LCD of the Monomachine, as you know, is Blue/White. the one of the MDrum, Red. Could be possible that the Mono LCD needs a bit more power. This Power Supply makes also louder noises as the other one.