Display faulty,, how to replace

My display has two or three faulty lines at the top of the display, this makes note information difficult to read, whertcan I get this fixed

Contact Elektron to get an estimate of the repair. Is it under warranty?

1 Like

No, , I don’t think so ,but I have a tame solder boy
All I need is a buy a replacement screen

Open a ticket, Elektron will sell you the correct screen for a rather low price but to replace it is very fiddly work. If you’re up to the task the cost will be minimal. If the timeframe is close, you should verify you aren’t still within the 3 years of warranty using the date code serial number sticker on the bottom of the digitone.

Did you try the dead pixel test from the button test to confirm which pixels are bad? Hold func down during power up, the preboot menu will load instead of the normal screen, then after running the error test you can press trig 1 to light up all pixels, it should be evident which ones are dead. I think trig 1 should be all yellow, trig 2 should be all black (checking for stuck pixels).

1 Like

How on earth do you open a ticket , it’s not easy to find out.

If you haven’t yet started a customer account on the Elektron website, that’s the first step at https://www.elektron.se where you click on account and then from the tab that opens “create new account”. If you’ve done that in the past, simply log in to your account.

In the acount tab register your name and address, make sure your information is up to date, then above your customer information where it says “account”, “registered products”, “sound packs” press the arrow to the right and it will toggle over one position to display “orders” and “contact support”. Click on contact support and follow the instructions, that is how you can open a ticket.

You can submit the information about your issue and detail that you are out of warranty and would like to purchase a replacement screen to repair locally, they will quote you the price and tell you the cost of shipping.

It should be straight forward but I can’t guess at the response time as I’ve read (lately) that they’ve been slow to respond, perhaps for a sale only ticket the response will be faster but I don’t work for Elektron so I can’t give any opinion on that. Hopefully this will help you get it started though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, I found it eventually and am now waiting for a reply. Once again thanks for your help

next band name!

Glad you like it :+1:

I’m wondering if Digitakt could be connected to a TV screen with some sort of diy mod: anyone tried that?

That could be rad!

I’m guessing no, based on the type of things people have done to try and get an exploded view of the octatrack screen which are like mounting a camera and sending the camera view of the OT screen to a tablet screen.

Unfortunately I don’t believe the pixel matrix of an LED or OLED screen is in any way comparable to the video output of devices that use component or hdmi or whatever other type video out.

I don’t know if you remember but back in the day a couple of roland devices like a digital workstation and one or 2 synths had a similar feature (video out) and as I remember it required a lot of other internal components and a provision in the firmware that would translate the signal so that it could be sent to a monitor.

I’m sure someone with better information could give you a more comprehensive answer, but I’d say it’s safe to assume no, that’s not going to work. Would be cool though if someone made something with that capability as an in-built feature.

No problem, hope it works out for you.

Impossibile is nothing
I’m sure an electronics enthusiast would be able to find the solution. I had the Roland S50 sampler with video out (Fairlight style): it was very useful, also because the on board display had only one line of text.
Here you can see what the sampler was transmitting the monitor: https://youtu.be/hafuRS4ohlg?si=yepjPWvAFmZs5EwS

unfortunately, none of the electronics enthusiasts interested in elektron devices who have an interest, the time or the skill to reverse engineer digitakt software and hardware have found a way to make the impossible nothing into a possible something, but that’s only “yet”, sometimes a thing like that only happens 15 years or more after a device is released. mpc jjos or the recent story about the guy who rebuilt the roger linn drum machine ground up. So I’ll look forward to a day when that will perhaps change.

I expect you’re hoping for the cool pixel art blown up, but remember there is overbridge…