Disable pad sensitivity (fixed velocity)

Hi!
I just bought a second hand Rytm MKI in very good condition but one thing that annoys me is that I have to really hit hard on the pads to record a trig with enough velocity to actually make a sound.
Soft hits on the pads doesn’t record a trig, or record a trig with such a low velocity that barely make a sound.

I would like to know if there is a setting or a tip to disable pad sensitivity and register any hit on a pad as a fixed velocity in live recording. I found I really don’t like velocity sensitive pads and prefer my other Elektron machines (DT / DN / SY / A4 MKI) where you can live record all trigs at a fixed velocity of value 100 and then refine desired trigs with p-locks.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just a quick edit to say that pad sensitivity in SCENE or PERFORMANCE mode works awesome. They really work the way I would expect, so the pads itself aren’t broken. In fact, the seller told me he send the machine to Elektron in november 2021 to repair the entire pad layer.

press func+mute to get to the sound menu, scroll down to ‘sound settings’, scroll to ‘velocity to vol’ and set to off, you’ll have to do this for each track in a kit

1 Like

Great! Thanks a lot. I still have to get through all the menus of this machine.
I guess you can save a Kit with this setting on each of the tracks and use it as a default Kit for every pattern or project.