Dirty Dirty Synths

The number of times I’ve considered replacing my MPC for no other reasons than the dust magnets pads… its such a silly reason but I hate what they’re made of and I hate the rubberised coating on the body

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I will buy all your gear!

1 Like

I don’t sell now, but you’d have to see my packaging for delivery!!! :rofl::rofl:

Which MPC? My MPC One retro has a metal/plastic frame.

I used to work for a guy who did nightlife PA rental/Installation.
Not exactly synths, but the things I smelled and saw on old pioneer mixers and technics decks…
Once we had to ger our stuff back from some shady guy that got into trouble with the law. There was some strange residue on the Bass speakers, to the day I swear it was urine scale. Omg the smell of it…

1 Like

…and i thought, when reading the title, it’s about dirty SOUND…

so instead i can only state…all my gear gets dirty with time…and nope, i never clean them…
even the stage rigs only get a little dust treatment once in a while…

Spilled coffee with milk is also nasty…

2 Likes

MPC Live. The pads are silicone dust magnets.

I know it’s possible to product soft plastic that doesn’t actually like that because my Breitling strap and my Isofrane straps are dust free.

1 Like

Pop some cress seeds around and when they start growing, you know its time to bury that box in the garden and buy a new one :wink:

…i might not wash my synth…but i tend to wash my hands before i get dirty with them…

1 Like

It’s time to clean your synths, when you must wash hands after using them… :aw:

2 Likes

OCD… I do the same. Crazy.

this thread without pics is quite disappointing :____(
(no, I don’t have any neither)

2 Likes

Poor animal.

I’ve always had good luck with my second-hand equipment, clean and solid.
Except with this flute bought at a swingers club.

4 Likes

What kind of swingers club has an instruments stall? Crazy…

1 Like

Mustrefrain frommaking flute based dick jokes.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!

Flute?

When it comes to playing at the swingers club, I’m more of an organ guy.

God forgive me.

3 Likes

Classy expensive ones.

3 Likes

No, don’t, it’ll trigger my PTSD.

I just received a 30 year old mixer from @plastic_pizza - It needs repair to get it fully working, but it’s absolutely spotless.

That’s how you do it.

6 Likes

I dont get it either, I take great care to ensure all my gear remains in perfect condition, if I sell something there won’t be a spec of dust or grease on the unit.

1 Like

I got some 40 year old Toledo Jorge Pensi chairs on Craigslist that were covered in filth. $100 for two chairs. I cleaned em up and are like brand new. These chairs sell for $1200 new.

I love discount filth.

2 Likes