Digitone "unlocked" icon next to tempo while playing on external trigger

Hello everyone, as noted in the title I am curious what the ‘unlocked lock’ icon means.

I have a digitone connected over usb to my pc. When playing the triangle icon gets replaced with the before mentioned icon. Any idea what it means?

I am asking, as I am hoping to find a way when the external starts to play digitone starts from the beginning and not the where it left off. Right now to achieve this I press the stop button.

1 Like

I have a similar problem, when I connect and send clock from the OT to my Digitone the “unlocked lock” symbol appears instead of the triangle and the tempo starts shifting on the DT with ±0,1.

Can’t seems to find anything about it anywhere either, so I’ll follow this.

I think it means the tempo is controlled externally. I hooked this up to a MPK225, fiddled with a few settings on it, and saw this icon. I think it’s supposed to be a closed lock.

2 Likes

Yes, padlock icon means the device is synced to midi clock.

1 Like

Yep, metronome = internal clock, and padlock = external clock and the tempo can’t be changed on the digitone itself.

I had this issue when sending sound via overbridge: by default, it sent sync as well and I had issues with the tempo until I changed it to not send sync.

It has to do with external sync. What is your master clock?