DigiTone through Ottobit Jr.?

How’s the Merc 7 compared to the onboard verb on dn?

I LOVE this! Great job!

Both are solid reverbs. The DT / DN reverb are great on their own. Picking an external reverb can be a tough job, since there are so many options. After a lot of YouTube viewing and other reading and listening, I decided to go for the Meris - mostly due to the idea behind the design. That is, when I want reverb, I want it to be big (the proverbial Blade Runner sound). However, one of the other things that drew me to the Mercury7 was that despite only having plate and cathedral selections, you can dial in a wide range of reverb using the knobs and their secondary functions. I don’t get to jam all day, so when I get time to work, I like that I can quickly make a few tweaks and get a setting that works for the day’s project.

TL;DR: If you’re looking for a good reverb pedal to work with synths, the Meris has you covered. However, if you’re still researching, or want to keep your setup minimal, the onboard reverb of Digitone can definitely take you places.

2 Likes

Yeah thanks, this was a good read… I might go for the weirder effects like the hedra or ottobit and particle v2 obviously… the verb is very nice and lush on dn/dt…

1 Like

I keep coming back to this track… it’s sick

2 Likes

Really good track!

2 Likes