Digitone Sequencing

Just had this issue with the sound (not midi) tracks where pressing a trig key then playing a key on the digitone keys keyboard would make a chord that included the default note for the track and the key pressed.

I noticed that this bug didn’t occur on the other tracks and it turned out that a power cycle solved the issue.

1 Like

Can the DigiTone sequencer overlap notes, or does each trig cut off the previous notes/chords like on the OctaTrack?

It can overlap notes, as long as you haven’t run out of voices / set the sound to monophonic.

Good to hear. Thanks! Do the MIDI tracks behave the same way?

(Basically, I’m wondering whether a DN could be the main sequencer for my other HW synths. I’m currently using an OT, and it’s fine, but… )

I haven’t tried sequencing poly synths with it yet, maybe someone else can provide some insight.

2 Likes

Is the midi sequencing the same as on the OT, as in, not all that suitable for playing intricate melodies, etc… live into the device?

It is similar in that regard. Notes can only be programmed with the same length and velocity. I “think” when you use an external keyboard to record the MIDI data you get variable velocity and note length. I just don’t work that way so I can’t speak with certainty.

You do get double the polyphony though; 4 on OT VS. 8 on DN. OT gets MIDI Arp (very powerful) VS. no MIDI arp on any other Elektron device.

1 Like