Digitone playing the wrong note

Hi!

I’m probably doing something wrong I just can’t figure out what it is, new user.

My digitone is playing different notes depending on witch sound I choose.

When I scroll through the sound browser and press the key C on my midi keyboard some sounds play a G and some sounds play a C.

The root is the same all the time. And if I record a sound in the sequencer the same problem continues.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Are you using OB ?
I have a similar issue with my A4.
I noticed when using modwheel or pitch or after touch the then the notes are out of tune

No OB and the latest OS. I Hade the same issue with the earlier OS.
The “faulty” sounds are always transposed a perfect fifth up.
Started erasing sounds because I thought that they where corrupted in some way, then I realized that there where to many and often really nice sounds. :grimacing:

I’ve seen this a lot with some of the presets (probably from sound packs).
I’m guessing it’s something to do with the operator ratios essentially transposing the patch. Easily fixed by transposing the track you’ve used that sound on to bring it to concert pitch. Although I tend to leave them as they are and see what happens when I layer on top with concert tuning can make for some interesting harmonies that I wouldn’t necessarily have come with myself…

Okey, wierd. It has been the same with the official sounds and soundpacks.

Can you save the tuning with a sound?

It´s a nice idea but then I need to transpose in my head when using other synths,
but it is easy to get stuck in common keys if something doesn´t force you to do otherwise. :slight_smile:

A table of note names that apply to each harmonic.
The values in the table can be applied to Ratio value.
Harmoic Table.pdf (61.1 KB)

Digitone doesn’t have function to transpose the entire Operator.

1 Like

Thanks! Guess I have to start transposing tracks instead. Hope that they someday will create a transpose function for sounds in the feature.

I had this problem with some sounds too (from purchased sound packs). Really strange and kind of annoying. Obviously I can transpose the track, but had to remember which ones do that and which don’t.

1 Like