Digitone P-Lock + Probability?

When setting a step p-lock on the Digitone Keys, adjusting probability%, instead of 1% increments, it goes +/- by 9%. I know setting the difference between say 98% - 99% is nothing, but would like to dig more into randomizing. Not sure if this would be considered a bug or a feature limitation. Thanks.

Mine goes by 1%. Are you pushing the button down when you turn it?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes, when setting a parameter lock on a note, probability moves more than 1% for my unit. Try setting a p-lock for a note with less probability please.

1 Like

Oops. :slight_smile:

Yeah I see what you mean, it’s 9% for part of the range then it starts to decrease to units of 2% and 5% etc as it get’s closer to 100%. I hadn’t noticed this until now as I just use the ratios usually. On the Models: it scrolls by units of 1 to 100 all the way through.

1 Like

Seems odd it wouldn’t go in 1% increments. Thanks for verifying. I am using OS 1.30A

It’s probably hard to justify having such increments when it’d be difficult/impossible to hear the difference.

2 Likes

I agree, but if 1-100% is available on the entire track, what would be the difference of adding it to a particular step? Just my thought.

I think it might be something to do with the coded range of the knobs. Everything has 128 steps. I guess they just couldn’t fit it all in there smoothly. Because you have the other conditions, then the ratios, then %. Samples Doesn’t have to fit in ratios as they’re not there.

It was probably just too tight to fit them all in and for it to be easy to select them.

1 Like

This is likely because probability is meant to affect the entire track while trig conditions are trig based and overide probability settings. They are really two different functions. The way trig conditions functioned before the update is the same as they are now as in they’ve always moved in those increments. And it’s probability that gives a full 1-100 range.

When you plock you aren’t plocking a probability setting but a trig condition.

4 Likes