Digitone + Overbridge + Cubase

WARNING !!!

Hello there fellow elektronauts. I like many of you was very stoked to finally be able to use the Overbridge VST that was released a few days ago!

However this is what happened to me (in my ignorance)
I fiddled about with the VST and liked all the enchanting visually synced stuff. Very nice!

Then i went ‘look mum no computer’ offline making some tracks/ideas + controlling a few external midi modules from within the box using up the 4 extra midi tracks of the Digitone. Awesome feature!!!

!!! now the WARNING part !!!

I wanted to record those silly parts into my DAW cubase (9.5 Pro) but when i synced the Digitone and opened up my Digitone template ALL MY OFFLINE WORK WAS GONE !!! (oh, nooooooo…+ wilhelm scream)

Seems the 'Total Recall" in the VST was enabled and erased all my fiddlings in the Hardware to a previously connected session with the VST!!! (Dammit!)

FEATURE REQUESTS:

1) a save button in the VST and instead of an automatic Total Recall, i would love to see a Snapshot button + a Load/Save Snapshot option to Recall past sessions & iterations and have more control over my screwups.

2) Also, i’m a bit slow when it comes to remembering every button combination and therefore sometimes by accident i erase the wrong tracks/parts when playing around in the box. Maybe it’s already there and i just haven’t figured it out yet? > an UNDO function?

3) A SONG writing mode would also be nice
( Like e.g. the old Roland MC505)

stringing of patterns with tracks T1-T4 on/off etc + Save
(or better even: being able to trigger individual tracks from different patterns alltogether like T1 from Bank 2 PTN 5 + T2 from Bank 6 PTN 4 and so on… somewhat like an old music tracker did. I can draw you a picture if you like?)

Dont want to sound like a forever whining twat but has anybody figured out the proper settings for setting up DigitoneOverbridge + W10 + Cubase 9.5+ I’m getting some doubling, feedback loops and glitches. :frowning:
some help here would be very much appreciated.

Digitone is without mentioning an awesome little beastie!
(Saving up for a Digitakt before running out of stock)

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m on the same version of Cubase and is hoping to explore the new Overbridge stuff this week. Thank you for the heads up. I guess I’ll sysex-dump the whole thing before messing too much with total recalls :slight_smile:

Hi there,

That’s probably a good idea :slight_smile:

A heads up on Cubase if you might have missed it:

There’s a 30th year anniversary 50% off offer on upgrading to Cubase 10 right now (50,-) till 7th of June.

Cheers!

1 Like

Did see that, will update soon :slight_smile: Thanx for reminding me!

Tested Overbridge with Cubase this morning before I went to work, damn that mutitracking over USB is neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you please share how did you add Overbridge to cubase? I have Cubase 10 and It works as far as hearing the sound in an instrument track, with the Digitone overbridge selected, but it won’t record.

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to shine some light on this and hopefully they’ll look into the digitones overbridge functionalities soon. I’m using Cubase aswell btw.

I just got a digitone so like most users I’ve been acquiring a soundpool and going through the +drive for my systems and have been using it to trigger notes on my ms2000r. So far overbridge has been useful in organizing my set up, collecting sounds, editing tracks and so forth.

The only problem I’ve been facing was notes triggering automatically when its already been loaded into a track. I would have to manually untrigger that note if im not playing it if that makes sense. This occurs when I have made a sequence and when I stop the sequence the last note will continuously play, not sure if that happens with other products but its very interruptive to the whole process

Also an UNDO function would be great I often find myself accidently pressing save when I want to recall, so maybe after you SAVE and you want to undo that procedure and instead of recalling you can press hold FUNC than press hold YES than NO at the same time and have an option to UNDO further actions?

The only other thing I can think of recalling to that original spot is reloading the project since its temporarily saved in the pattern.

Just to stir the pot

Editing sequences in overbridge, having an overlay of the 16 steps as a visual representation would be nice.

Also being able to edit the +drive in overbridge would killer, you can only load in tracks and the soundpool, cant configure any of the tags or names and location