Digitone, Overbridge, and Bitwig 3

Can anyone give a general overview on how to set up Overbridge in Bitwig 3? I’m a complete beginner and I’m trying to figure this out.
Thanks

2 Likes

Load the Digitone VST into Bitwig.
Navigate the to device and press the two white arrows.
Press “add missing chains”
This will allow you to see the internal tracks of the Digitone.
Now create Audio tracks for the tracks that you want to multitrack from the digitone. After you have created tracks you can choose what tracks from the digitone those audio tracks are listening to.
That should just about do it if you understand the Bitwig workflow from that point. I know it can be a pain with Overbridge in Bitwig but it works pretty well. However, you likely won’t see the VU meters on the track move in the audio tracks, but it is receiving audio.

10 Likes

Thanks for the in depth reply, much appreciated :slight_smile: will try it out!

1 Like

I am a certified Bitwig trainer so I felt it was my duty. Plus I am fast at this shiz.

4 Likes

Awesome!! Kk very basic question lol… how do you load the dn vst into bitwig? I’m new to daws in general, forgive me

rut row shraggy. Well, you’re gonna need to have Bitwig select the folder that your VST’s are located in, likely named something like “steinberg.” Find that folder, in both your computer (just so you know it personally) and in bitwig through the browser on the right or in the settings menu.

right click on the menu and select “add plug-in location.” Add the correctly location of Digitone. Also, you’ll have to have installed the whole overbridge pack and have your DN updated to the most recent firmware.

3 Likes

Thanks soo much man! I got it, can’t wait to put it through fx grid

1 Like

Have fun! <3

2 Likes

thanks for helping.
Also a quick dumb question (for a4, maybe makes a difference, mabe not) Is it normal that i dont see the trigs i press on a a4 track on the bitwig arranger or clip? tried it with and without using a4 as controller in the settings. If i move an encoder, the value on the overbridge vst changes, so some midi is working…

sorry if its too stupid and thanks to all invoved in these things
Edit: it seems it has something to with enable send midi of track, enable a4 as controller and other stuff, cant find out at moment if or what is most usable and less glitchy setting to use a4 as drummachine in bitwig…
also wrong category, sorry , but was the best how to start with bitwig and ob i could find…