Digitone + Octatrack partnership

I’m shaking my head to record a chord from the Digitone thanks to one trig of the Octatrack. Sure it’s possible but I’ll keep looking :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up on midi lfos!!!
Didnt think of that, woooow now ditching midi controller for OT:)

OP King!

Hey Carmelo,
I bought a 0-Coast from you…:wink:

Also in Forest, that’s why better if we try together face the machines.

I don’t have a Motu Midi Int. , I have an iconnectmidi+4, and normally you can
use the delay track settings in Ableton to adjust. There’s some posts here in electronauts
about Elektron and ableton,maybe you find what you are looking.

If you want and have time, tell me and we can meet.

Cheers!

Glad to found you here too :wink:
Of course we have to have a drink a talk about music here. Pm me on Facebook and I’ll see when we can do that. I’ve spent almost 6 hours in a row jamin with the Digitone. LOVE IT.
Cheers bud

1 Like

Found another nice one today: if you set up a mod source (e.g., mod wheel or aftertouch) to control DN’s synth pitch and modulate that with an OT designer LFO, you can get microtonal sequences across the entire possible octave range (as opposed to sequencing pitch bend, for example) and can insert pitch glides between steps (will settle for this until Elektron adds portamento to the DN) by interpolating between points in the LFO designer :thup:

10 Likes

I have a dx reface and dx7 and my main analog synth is a Juno 6 with Juno 66 upgrade and an OT mk2. Thinking of swapping out both the dx’s for a digitone…so I’d end up with a digitone, Ot mk2 and Juno 6 (66) A’s my main work flow.
(I also have a drumbrute that might not make the cut…)
Any thoughts?

Good stuff, thanks for these ideas on the partnership! Seriously considering buying this combo.

Are yall using turbo mode with your OT & DN combo? Oughta be handy for all that MIDI CC mayhem the OT can send :nyan:

I haven’t been using the combination much lately (distracted by the rest of my setup and life in general) but that would be a good idea. I use a Pyramid as sync master, though, so I’m not sure if that would work for how I have my rig configured

1 Like

Can the OT do pattern changes on the DT in song mode? I was wondering that the other day.

yes, just set up DN to receive program changes (=pattern changes on these synths) and it should follow whatever the OT tells it to do on any midi channel the DN is set up to receive data

2 Likes

So I can do it so that in song mode on the OT, if I go from A01 to A03, the DT will follow suit? Or do I need some sort of pattern change trigger on a midi track of the OT?

Yeah you just need to activate Sync page Prog Change send. Works with all Elektrons. (Sid?)

3 Likes

I’m having a noob moment.

Can the Octatrack midi learn from the Digitone then send it back? My intuition has let me down.

Yes (see the description of MIDI CC LEARN in the CTRL1 SETUP instructions in the manual), although I personally think that it’s often easier just to enter the desired CC numbers based on the list in the DN’s manual.

4 Likes

Done that and tried but got no cc message from the Digitone.

Check on System preferences/Sequencer… CC direct connect must be ON

1 Like

On which? Or both?

Just tick the option

1 Like

Midi learn works with or without it.
Midi channels have to correspond.

OT : CTRL1 or CTRL2 setup > Func + Knob press to listen CCs.

Maybe you don’t send CCs from the DN, check Port Config > Send Midi (Not USB) / Send CC (not NRPN).

3 Likes