Digitone multi map external keyboard

I’m using the digitone desktop on firmware 1.21. I can get the sounds to trigger from the keys on the desktop unit, but for the life of me can’t trigger the multi map from my midi keyboard. I set the multi-map midi channel to 11 (settings -> midi -> channels -> multi map ch ) and I put my keyboard on channel 11 but nothing is triggered. I know midi is working with the unit because I’m able to address tracks 1-4 on midi channels 1-4. I feel like I’m missing something. Has anyone else figured this out?

It works for me. And it sounds like you set things up correctly. :thinking: Not sure what’s up.

Possibly that it should be a direct MIDI connection, ideally DIN or direct via USB, but not (possibly) by OB

when you are in the multimap mode that works on the device you may have luck using the auto channel on the external keys as a workaround … don’t know, not tried, not a DN owner

I do have a direct midi din connection from my MPC1000 to the DN. I think this is probably some kind of bug, so I’ll file a ticket with elektron. In this scenario, overbridge isn’t on, and I’m not connected to a computer in any way.

Do you have the multi map page open when trying this. I think it must stay open.

Yes

I think I’m running into some kind of bug so I filed a ticket.

It turns out I think I did come across an “off by one” bug. The digitone’s multi-map is reporting that it would respond to C1 but it is really responding an octave down on C0. I think this is workable for me now.

1 Like

different manufacturers reference the MIDI range differently, that’s no bug, that’s just the way it is, it’s not uncommon and has been discussed on these pages many times

2 Likes

:+1:

Running into the same situation, wanted to use ios modstep as external trig for the multimap mode connected through USB via Camera Connection Kit but nothing… Set the Multi Map to CH11 and inside the range edit the channel is set to ch11 and trying the range from C0 to C1 upward but even if I leave the menu open no sound is coming through the DT, really need a video or proper setting