Digitone + Morningstar MC8 Play/Stop/Continue problem

Hello!

I’d like to control my Digitone and Blofeld with a Morningstar MC8 pedal.

MC8 can send “Real Time Play / Stop / Continue” command, Digitone will launch on Play command, but not immediately.

The Play button turns green, the metronome “disappears”, and then playback starts.
With the Continue command, the same happens.

Stop command works well, stops playing immediately, the Play button stays green and the stop button lights up.

No matter if the digitone is at 140 or 90 bpm, playback will start after 15-16 seconds. (No Preroll bars)

What could be the reason for this?
Thx!

Video

Welcome to the forum!

Does the pedal send MIDI clock as well as Play/Stop/Continue?

If you set external transport control on DN (and DT), it expects to receive MIDI clock too.

1 Like

If you’ve got the DN set up to receive transport controls it should start immediately? Sounds like the MC8 is doing something odd? Can you plug the midi out into a computer and look at the midi messages it’s sending?

Thank you for answers!
The solution is that the Start / Continue message only starts / resumes instant playback if the MC8 also sends a clock.
It works perfectly with the clock.
I bought Digitone last week, now testing it, setting up the midi chain to make everything work well. (Sonus G2M V3, HxFx, MC8, Blofeld, Midi Solutions Midi event processor and merge)
The DN will receive the midi clock continuously from other sources so there is no problem with the operation.

Video

3 Likes