Digitone mislabeled as Digitakt on hardware itself

these remind me of back in the day when I was a kid and collected baseball cards and the error cards were worth more so we always tried to get those.

1 Like

Keep it its like misprinted stamps.
they seem to make more mistakes at elektron with some button names too

most likely if you contact Elektron direct and open a support ticket, they will send you a new entire faceplate with the correct screen cover and you will have the cool factor of having both faceplates. Its a simple swap with 9 screws and popping the knobs on and off. ā€¦ super easy and quick. Keep it and create a support ticket, dont go with the retailer you bought it from.

I just got a brand new Digitone Keys with a Digitakt screen. Probably works just fine, but I plan on returning it and getting a new one, so not going to test it.
It is concerning and disappointing that there appear to be so many mistakes made in assembly.

SICK! Nth of its kind. Maybe the only one!

KEEPER!

Just swap the screen cover if the unit is otherwise good! Canā€™t imagine this has happened many times, I donā€™t know how you say ā€œso many mistakesā€ when yours was the first in 7 months. One of a kind Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

I say ā€˜so many timesā€™ because I have seen lots of instances of assembly mistakes, like incorrect buttons, etc.
Iā€™m going to get a replacement unit. I donā€™t think I should have to get a repair done, or do it myself, on an exoensive brand new device.

Hmm, I am starting to think that the employees at the factory doesnā€™t know the difference between Digitone and Digitakt.

We want to have everything now, very fast and very cheap. But hell breaks loose if a button or a label sticker is wrong.

4 Likes

I would not call Elektron boxes cheap and it would be better if every company would take their time instead of stress out products with various issues.

I think itā€™s cool!

If it sounds different cuz of the brandingā€¦sure send it back.

I have a feeling it doesnā€™t.