Digitone Melodic Ambient with Meris Polymoon

Am considering trading the Polymoon for Empress Reverb these days

2 Likes

The DN built in effects are good, so what one is looking for is an unusual delay that has some reverby element for ambient stuff from plucky sounds, or a reverb with interesting delay and modulation aspects to it. I purchased a Kalimba and look for something like this. Lots of choices and great fun to experiment. After a while though I cannot remember how to use all the pedals from several manufacturers and all with different ways to use the knobs and switches :slight_smile:

1 Like

How come?

1 Like

Both are great for different reasons.
But Polymoon is really unique. You might want to get a ZOIA, but Iā€™d keep the Polymoon: you make a very nice use of it !

2 Likes

Thanks all. I know itā€™s uniqueness, I just feel the empress may offer slightly more versatility and have the sound Iā€™m really after. Polymoon is wonderful but canā€™t really justify another pedal on top :grinning:

Zoia I have not looked at! Uh oh ā€¦

Be aware that you must create everything yourself in ZOIA. The presets are only for showcasing the unit. Empress Reverb algos can be done, but are not ready to use presets there.

1 Like

Yeah. Could see me disappearing up my own backside with that one. Empress Reverb seems a good choice.

If youā€™re looking for a reverb that does ambient/big sounds, donā€™t overlook the Meris Mercury7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes true - thanks !

Butā€¦Empress Reverb is better sounding ā€¦thats Like the class of Eventide H8000ā€¦or tc electronic 6000ā€¦

1 Like

Cons areā€¦

No one/Off Switch and no Power supply included. Also for full Control you need the Midibox. And no USB only SDCards for OS Updates.

1 Like

Had one now. Its nice, but i had more use for Source Audio Ventris + Nemesis.

2 Likes