Digitone Mains Plug

I recently purchased a Digitone. From an online vendor, who despite having a web address that terminates .co.uk is actually based in Europe [I should have done more research].

Do all Elektron products ship with an EU 2 pin plug? Or would I have received a 3 pin UK style plug if I’d bought the Digitone from within the UK?

I know there are adapters [not tootbrush/shaver 1 amp travel adapters] but ones meant for items with higher amp ratings. But in my experience they’re pretty crappy quality and not a particularly good or secure workaround.

Would removing the plug and replacing it with a 3 pin UK plug void my warranty?

I very much doubt that - the psu part is the same part that’s shipped to continental europe or uk, it’s just the wall connecting part, the IEC 320 C7 cable that would be bundled up differently if the stock was known to be UK bound

It’s the sort of thing you’d have on other gear, just ensure that it’s rocking a 3A (reddish) fuse

this type of thing (if you are still worried about warranty issues best ask store/support)

UK%203A%20IEC%20320%20C7

3 Likes

Thanks. Just ordered a 3 pin plugged one. Thought it may be a proprietary part, but it obviously isn’t on inspection. Should have thought of that before looking for alternative plugs.

2 Likes