Digitone m4l controller

Just a device to control the Digitone, maybe it’s not the Overbridge, but this is all I needed
device ready & available at:

17 Likes

2 Likes

Any plans to add the FX parameters so that we may sequence them with Live?

3 Likes

can’t promize it right now,
but sounds as a perfect update :wink:

1 Like

Hey. Just bought this, on the menu tonight…

One thing though. Do you think it would be possible to add Track mute for audio and midi tracks?

Thanks!

1 Like

Right now I’m working on adding the FX controls,
But I take note on it, not the most difficult thing :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Nice Nice Nice
i guess its normal when i load preset form DN it can’t keep maping of preset…
but its ok for me i can control my DN faster very cool work man ty a lot !!!

1 Like

right now i have no idea how to read the preset parameters, but if i can find out how to do it i’ll implement that as well, would be great

sort of related , where do i drop m4l files so they appear in ableton finder window thing.?
sorry , a bit off topic but the thread is active right now.

Regarding presets and their use. Since M4L device doesn’t read DNs state of parameters it looks like the only way to save what you hear is to tweak every parameter on the machine and manually send the parameter state to M4L device and then save preset? :neutral_face:

I for example have all M4L stuff in my User Library on secondary hard drive.

In Live go to User Library then right click anywhere in the right browser window -> Show in explorer. For Mac I would have to check, same I guess.

1 Like

updated to 1.2
added FX section and Fx randomizer.

3 Likes

updated to 1.3
some Gui improvements
and reduced the range of randomization for some filter controls and delay feedback to avoid crazy and silence stuff!

4 Likes

THANK YOU, MAX GODS!

this is incredible!

1 Like

Looks fantastic, great work!!

A few suggestions of details to optimize it even more:

• visualisation of all filters similar to the visualisation in the Digitone (filters per track, filters in delay and reverb)
  • graphic icon of filter types similar to the visualisation in the Digitone
  • all ADSR envelopes only with straight lines as in the GUI on the Digitone itself would make it more consistent. (no curves in the function object)

For me it looks confusing the way it is now because it looks different and could suggest that the behaviour can be changed. Besides that I am not sure if the curves are technically correct this way and at which point there is a linear or an exponential behaviour.

My wish of a pro feature: Display the frequencies at all places additionally in Hz.
I am often missing this although I am getting more used to the abstract Elektron values and exact listening should be the final judgement. For me it would make things quicker because I often have a certain frequency in mind where I would like to start and in the device it needs time to search. This would of course require some measurements to convert the values 0…127 to real frequencies and probably not many people would think that this is important.

Good luck with your software!

1 Like

This is great!

Yeah worth every cent.

I used it to make a controller for my Monomachine

7 Likes