Digitone Keys Users

Hey folks. When using the Digitone Keys as a controller keyboard, does anybody know how to make sure a connected sustain pedal communicate with attached synths? Thanks, Paul

Read the Manual, Page 47, 14.7.8 says that you can Set “send Midi” for Control Channel A, so that the sustain Pedal will communicate with extetnal Gear via midi. Did you Set that?

2 Likes

Ah lovely. That did the trick. Thanks Pulsn!

1 Like

To use your Digitone Keys as a MIDI controller in your DAW, simply go to SETTINGS, scroll down to SYSTEM, then USB CONFIG. Make sure USB MIDI mode is enabled. If you want to use your device in Overbridge, you will have to go back and switch it to OVERBRIDGE mode.

I can do both. But it’s probably because OS X has native multi-client MIDI drivers.

I’m assuming it doesn’t work on Windows because the MIDI interface in the Digitone can’t be shared with multiple programs.

The other option would be to use the 5 pin DIN OUT for external control with a separate MIDI interface.

hi. When turn on my unit it goes to Projects page to choose one instead jump to last project like digitone box does, is this normal behaviour on dn keys?

Hello, that doesn’t seem right…

You could try doing some tests on it. But make sure to back up your unit first.

Hold Func when powering on takes you to the Startup Menu.

Reloading the OS may help…

Best of luck!

1 Like

just wanna confirm ,1.32A fix this problem

1 Like

My buttons can be a little jumpy and inconsistent. I bought it second hand and the guy said he had the buttons fixed.

Anyone else have this issue? Any recommends what I can do? It’s not too bad and only affects some of the buttons and presses but still…

This is just a little fantasy, I made a graphics yesterday, what would silver and a white Digitone Keys look like.

My DNK occasionally has sluggish or laggy UI as well, which I’ve assumed is a software issue.

1.40A claims to improve performance a bit, maybe try that?

I updated the other day and while my Keys still is probably the least responsive of all my Elektron boxes, it’s not too bad.

My DNK occasionally has sluggish or laggy UI as well, which I’ve assumed is a software issue.

Same here, in comparison my OG DN was able to handle a lot more modulation coming from usb without any problems, but the DNK lags quickly. That’s a shame.

1.40A claims to improve performance a bit, maybe try that?

:pray: