Digitone Keys OS Slow w/overbridge + Ableton

I just tried the DN Keys with Ableton on a mac mini with Catalina and do not find an issue with it. Could there be a Midi Loop or something? Maybe try to unselect the MIDI ins and outs in Ableton for the Digitone? I only have MIDI IN selected and it only works when I select the External Mode on DN so I can use it as a masterkeyboard. Also checking if knobs and buttons are set to “Internal only” might help. I played all 4 tracks and added some p-locks, also editing the sound both on Overbridge and DN without issues. If you are on a Mac maybe try MIDI Monitor application to see if something is going on. Hope it will work for you cause it is a really great feature. Oh and I am also streaming stereo audio via OB.

1 Like

I’m absolutely floored by the sound possibilities I can create with the Digitone, however I’m experiencing massive lag when I begin to record parameters and automations from a separate midi host controlling CC’s of Digitone during performance… which is essential to the way I play… to the point where the synth becomes nearly unusable while receiving MIDI command changes, commonly causing the entire interface to freeze, thus shutting down my instance of live 11. Ive tried this on Live 10 as well, and with midi messages being sent by both Ableton and my TR-8S. I’m running an M1 MacBook Pro, with midi being processed through an ERM Multi-clock. This issue gets worse if trying to communicate with Digitone over USB & with overbridge (understandable as Overbridge on M1 is relatively new)

Is anybody else running into these issues?

These sounds are begging to be sculpted, and recorded. this synth really outta be a future classic! It is just very frustrating to have systems be very inconsistent/crash after you start adding only 1+ parameter record.

Digitone Keys! Excuse me for not specifying

Encountering some serious lag when using Digitone Keys with Overbridge. I’m not even DAW modulating any parameters on the Digitone - just playing single notes the Digitone and adjusting parameters.

I’m wondering if this might be any better with the Digitone (ie: not Keys?)

(Running latest everything.)

Me too. I’ve just plugged mine into Ableton for the first time and it’s unusable. I’ve read a lot of people on the internet complaining about this and yet there seems to be no fix?

Trying to use the filter cut off on a huge pad is literally unbearable. How is this not fixed yet? What a disaster.

This is why my DNK and even DN (even if just out of spite) have been collecting dust for a couple years. NOT the fact that these bugs exist, but that they won’t even acknowledge us. Real helpful. It eventually always makes me annoyed as I use them once I eventually recall how they pretend this isn’t a real issue. It’s just a dick move, especially towards folks who likely have spent thousands of dollars on their products.

1 Like