Digitone Keys and sustain pedal

I was wondering how the Digitone Keys is handling the sustain pedal in regards to the sequencer.

Are sustain pedal actions converted into corresponding delayed note off messages in the sequencer or simply captured via CC 64?

Bumpā€¦no users out there who can comment on this? Thanks!

Too less time, too much to explain ā€¦ read it up yourself at p.73 ff:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, I did check the manual beforehand and couldnā€˜t find an answer to my question.

Iā€˜ll rephrase it: Elektron sequencers and CC64 messages are historically difficult to combine (e.g. when recording a sustained note/chord with the pattern ending/looping). Thatā€˜s also why Elektron has been staying away from the sustain pedal, even with the Analog Keys. I was hoping that Elektron had solved this issue by simply converting the sustain pedal actions in the Digitone Keys into corresponding delayed note off messages in the sequencer. So that when recording with the sustain pedal, the sustain pedals actions are not accounted for in P-Locks for CC64, but simply in Midi notes of corresponding length. For what itā€˜s worth, I actually have a Bome Box for exactly that task.

Iā€™ve noticed that the Digitone Keys will pass sustain pedal hold while in a MIDI track, but not when in external MIDI control mode.

Can anyone comment on this?

Hey folks,

I know this is an old thread, but Iā€™d figure Iā€™d try here anyway. Iā€™m thinking of using my Digitone Keys as my master MIDI keyboard for other synths too, but I canā€™t seem to get the Digitone Keys to transmit my sustain pedal data through itā€™s MIDI out port. Does anybody know if thereā€™s an easy fix for this?

Cheers,
Paul

2 Likes

Bump, does anyone know if the Digitone Keys can pass the sustain pedal input while in Ext Controller mode? It works properly within a MIDI track, but not in MIDI controller mode. This seems like a bug, Iā€™ve submitted a report, but wonder if Iā€™m missing something. The option to send sustain pedal to MIDI is selected and all items in the Ext Controller menu are set to send to external.

Hello, I have the same problem here, sustain work on midi tracks but not while using the external midi mode, which seems weird so I sent a ticket explaining my issue. If anyone here can shed some light on the issue (or non-issue) it would be highly appreciated !

the opposite issue is concerning the pitch bend and modwheel, they work in external control mode, but not while playing the midi tracks ! quitte a bummer considering they are sitting here next to my left hand and theyā€™re not working.

thanks to all !

okay I really donā€™t know what happened but now the sustain pedal works fine in ext control modeā€¦ I just plugged and unplugged a usb cable into my digitone keys and now everything is working fine ! still a mystery !

Hey gang, stumbled on this thread and wanted to offer an answer.

To enable sustain in external control mode, go to the SETTINGS menu, and the CONTROL submenu. Then select the settings for ā€œControl Input Aā€ Set the Mode to ā€œSustainā€ and select ā€œSend Midiā€

Worked for me, hope it helps.

2 Likes