Digitone is now shipping

One tip to get dramatic results right off the bat. Clear a patch, so it’s sitting on the default sine wave. Go into the SYN2 page, and simply increase the envelope levels (without even tweaking the envelopes to start) That is the most immediate way to start getting some classic FM sounds.

After that, actually tweaking the envelope shapes, adding LFOs to the ratios or harmonics will get you moving pretty fast.

4 Likes

Got mine yesterday too … Definitely a fun machine!

1 Like

I have a tracking number for mine :hushed:

@Ess gave some useful advice for FM sound design on his AMA. He suggested just starting with 2 operators and playing around with parameters, envelopes and feedback and slowly expand from there.

I was hitting walls all over the place the first week, but after purposely simplifying the capabilities of the synth engine- I was quickly(er) getting to decent patches. You can do all of this from Algorithm 1 with the A & C operator/carrier

6 Likes

Mine arrives in 2 days!

I finally heard a DN video I like. Most are like soft bells or whaterver.

Is Digitone worth retail in its current state, IYO? Couldnt find any threads on this

Yes. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve got one. I like it. A lot.
I guess it’s not cheap, but it’s worth what you’re willing to pay for it.

1 Like

I want one badly, but I guess I’ll have to wait for the deluxe version that has a song mode, cause I won’t buy one without it.

1 Like

I really love mine, it sounds fantastic !
It’s rather solid, can’t be compared with DT a year ago. I’ve played 3 live sessions (2 of them were 4h long) and haven’t encountered any bug.

2 Likes

It’s a blast ! Paired with a digitakt, love this set up.

2 Likes

…drags his new epic symphony “Dreams of Digitone, A Fantastical Journey of Bells” onto his Macbook trash icon…

(Which he had to tediously download a track at a time from his Digitone for reasons we don’t need to harp on in this thread)

3 Likes

ssssss lol omgoodness.
No, dont do that, people like the bells.

I mispoke because I was really just looking for dif sonics n stuff

just joking of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

the deluxe, and super deluxe! and super deluxe s?

So far I think it’s the best FM synth ever. Mind you I’ve only tried a few others.

1 Like

FM is not my favorite kind of synthesis, and I love my DN. The magic (IMO) is the sequencer and l it’s bells and whistles. Whatever feel you’re going for you can get to. Then the tweaking begins!

Yes, it lacks a “song mode.” This hasn’t proved a problem for me and my style, but another control hub (octatrack, DAW) can reign it in.

1 Like

I’m so tempted to get one. How does it handle bass and sub bass sounds?

It does those extremely well! IMO.
This is probably the best kick machine you can get. There’s a thread called Kick love somewhere here :grinning:
Also the basses sound so great too.

1 Like

Agreed. Gut rolling, rain warping bass all day.

1 Like