Digitone inputs to main

Is there a way to have the inputs on digitone not routed to the mains? It makes the effects hack unusable

What is the fx hack you are referring to?

Using the main as effects track, by removing the other tracks from the main. In that way, you can record your effects track separately. The only problem is that while you can remove the DNs internal tracks from the main outs, you cannot remove the two input tracks - even though those can be set up as separate tracks in OB as well. So if you want to use the external inputs (let’s say for external synth sequenced by DNs midi tracks), then you cannot record the fx-track separately.

1 Like

Yes, I do it to route the inputs to Ableton via Overbridge.

Go to the master track (FUNC + LFO), then use the first two knobs to turn down the in L and in R to 0. They’ll still route to overbridge, but won’t play in the master track.

5 Likes

I was thinking there was some standalone fx hack I hadn’t heard of.

This also removes the inputs from the effects. So, if you’re like me and trying to run an OB synth through my DN’s input and use it’s effects, I have to set the inputs up to 100 (or whatever), but then I get duplicating signals within my DAW (synth plays dry on the input channel, and wet+dry on the mains).

I’m going a bit nuts trying to figure this out. I think like OP, I just want to run wet effects on the Main, and dry on the respective channels in Overbridge vst.

2 Likes

Yeah its definitely not perfect. I also sometimes get a clicking sound on pattern changes when I run something to the inputs without monitoring it.

Hi, Hmm i’m a little peeved that this issue still remains on both DT & DN.
Basically i may as well track my externals in to Ableton through audio interface.
I wonder if Elektron could add even a 3 or 5 band EQ to the inputs on both to allow tweaks the inputs to sit in the mix better, i was trying to track into ableton and add channel EQ on the inputs but the main outs are carrying the inputs there also with fx of other tracks.
If i tweak the filter / res on my peak it changes the sound too far from the patch i want.
Annoying.
Guess those digits box inputs are more for standalone/ live use than studio.

1 Like