Digitone: how to get continuous looping pad?

I want my pad to continue evolving, and playing continuously, when my pattern loops. Say I have a pad on track 1. When the pattern is playing and starts from step 1 again, the pad retrigs. How do I get the pad to play without interruption while my pattern is looping. I have tried setting the length to infinity but that doesn’t work.

I have tried to solve this myself with the manual and googling but have not managed.

Any help much appreciated.

Best,

Lars

2 Likes

Check section 10.10.3 CONDITIONAL LOCKS…
Apply a “1rst” condition to your trig and it will only launch on the 1rst pass of the sequence. Use the “A:B” conditions if you want it to trig every certain number of pattern cycles…

9 Likes

So this is what I’m missing with the Mono when folks talk about conditional trigs… Sounds fun.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like

:smiley:

4 Likes

If you keep the release set to infinity and use the conditional trigs mentioned above, you’re going to have a good time.

1 Like

What if I want to stop this pad when I change pattern ?
Because if I set my pattern 1 pad to inf, when I want to make a chord change in pattern 2 my first chord won’t stop of course. I tried to lock voices to the minimum but pattern 1 pad is still running with pattern 2 playing.

Edit : it actually worked with voice locked, I don’t know what I did wrong on my first attempt

You could also use a trigless lock, and close the amp env at the end of your pattern. You could set that using a trig condition or fill mode.

That’s a cleaner way to do it in my opinion as it allows for a natural envelope release rather than just voice stealing.

3 Likes