Digitone hardware problem?

The only true request would be super stable OS. It is not yet a workhorse.

In it’s current state after about 2 hours (or sometimes 4) it just fries. And buttons start to do totally different things. I think the freedom in the Digitone is immense, even so that you can overload it until this happens. Maybe it’s the heat but I would need not more than this machine for a total live performance.

But if that happens I would bring underneath fans to keep it cool.

I would scrap some functions that do not work well now to make the OS really stable and give the cpu more room to breathe, so to speak.

It is such an underestimated device.
Probably the best synth for this price, like ever.

I’ve used mine for 6+ hours straight before without issue. what temp is the environment you’re operating in?

1 Like

Id contact support, that isnt usual behaviour. I can leave mine running overnight and its still works as expected in the morning - never once ran into the issues you’re describing.

5 Likes

Never heard of this happening before, and I’ve certainly ran many Digitones for longer than 2 hours. Perhaps a hardware issue with your specific machine, or some other very specific thing going on - I also recommend to contact our support team, they’ll sort this out for you.

(And also, thanks for the kind words, really nice! And sorry for the issues)

3 Likes

Sounds like a defective unit. Get in touch with Elektron support. I’ve used my unit for 4+ hours on more than one occasion without any issues.

1 Like

Thanks guys for this feedback, I have created a support ticket. The fact that others stated that they run their digitones overnight without a hassle convinced me that indeed something must be wrong with mine even if it has the latest OS.
I love the machine thus much that I could run a live performance solely from it.
But at this point it sits in the studio because of the risk of failure in such an environment.
It is a complex machine, and although some features do not work well yet as others complain, they are not the core of it and don’t bother me at all. This does but hopefully gets sorted.
Thanks for the help and direct feedback!

1 Like

Good call opening a ticket. I’ve played mine many times over two hours in my garage in sweltering high 80’s low 90’s with no issues. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

1 Like

Thanks. As a confirmation it almost deleted my last patch (it was on for like 4/5 hours) so yes it is indeed something I should have done earlier.
I think I was just too happy with it and that rebooting did not bother me yet :wink: