Digitone Filter Envelope not Functioning

So I had an issue where my filter envelope was just not working. I’d change the ADSR settings on the filter page as well as the filter envelope amount and I’d hear no audible difference and it was clear that it just wasn’t working. When I would manually change the filter value with the knob, then I could hear the filter sweeping. So the multi-mode filter is not the issue as all of the filters worked, but the envelope modulation is not working. The issue was not localised to a specific patch, since I tried it with multiple patches and also initialised a patch and tried to use the filter envelope. I also tried restarting the Digitone and this made no difference.

This issue was resolved by starting a new project and the new project allowed me to use the filter envelope and modulate the filter through the ADSR. My current issue is trying to find the source of this issue? I play live and this would be horrible if it happened in a live situation so I’m actively trying to figure out what caused this? Could it be something in the project settings or is it some weird bug?

The Digitone is my first Elektron device so I’m not all that familiar with troubleshooting issues with their gear. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Not at my setup to test, nor provide the best instructions, but first thoughts were around envelope delay on the 2nd page of filter settings.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, but I checked that as well and made sure there was no delay in the envelope modulation. Sorry I should’ve mentioned that in the original post.

1 Like

i sense that projects that you are using have FLT.T (filter trig) off by default on the tracks themselves. its in the TRIG button, bottom left.

2 Likes