Digitone feature requests!

1.Import sounds to your audio pool
2.On each trigger press the trigger and press up or down to choose which sound plays per step.

From the 1.21 release notes:

"It is now possible to live record sound slots when in MULTI MAP mode."

Key words being ā€œlive recordā€. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Please 4 different Global settings presets per project like on A4 & AR, would be a time saver.

1 Like

ā€œSometimes I would like to change pattern - but only on a few tracks while performing.
Maybe lock t1, and only change t2-t4 to another pattern. Also on Digitakt or Octatrack.ā€

want this also for a long time already. Thanks for bringing it up.

hi, maybe itā€™s already possible but i donā€™t know howā€¦

I want to make some controls (Exemple : filter env. on track 4) ā€œfreeā€ or unlinked to patern change

the same problem is related in this post :

VESA mount battery

3 Likes

More gain on the inputs.
LFO to fx. parameters
more detailed/finer amount % on the conditional trigs.

1 Like

A ā€œIsolateā€ option for the external inputs, so that input levels/pan donā€™t change when switching patterns

Real ā€œstopā€ when syncā€™d externally (instead of ā€œpauseā€)

Wow! I have way too much gain on the inputsā€¦ average setting whatever I plug into them is around 30-35 to maintain balance with internal sounds. Unless you try to plugin a mic or a guitar directly, which theyā€™re not designed for.

+1 on this one. I have looping envelopes on my subsequent37, very cool feature.

5 Likes

I am using it with guitar. The unit is designed to work as an audio interfaceā€¦ but will only work well with line levels.
Iā€™ve found a work around, but it is not ideal.

(hold on, iā€™ve got a few ā€˜Elektrons sparkingā€™ 'll have to think about it for a moment or two to work it out/wrtite it down to translate properly. 'll get back to you)

add Expression as Modulation source in SOUND settings

only recently gotten the DN so correct me if this is possible and is just not in the manual: mute hold! I have to be dense and just be missing this, rightā€¦!?! itā€™s been in literally every Elektron machine since the Machinedrum!

to clarify: in mute mode, if you hold function and press one or more track buttons, those buttons will not be muted until you release the function button. I use this CONSTANTLY in the OT and RYTM.

I was hoping to sequence multiple poly synths with this box, but if it canā€™t do mute holdsā€¦ deal breaker. have to use something else :cry:

1 Like

An option for ā€œPattern Reload on Chgā€ like the Rytm has ā€œKit Reload on Chgā€ - ideally this could be set per pattern

The only workaround I have at present is to reload the pattern but thatā€™s sort of defeating the purpose. When jamming live, I want to play a pattern, mess with it, then play a second pattern, then come back to the first pattern in its original (un-messed-with) state.

have a key combo to force midi patch change msgs, so when switching things on external gear you can get to your original patches without switching patterns. Currently want to switch back I have to go manually edit the patch change for the pattern to trigger this.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but when in mute mode, thereā€™s no way to select a track without first going out of mute mode. Normally FUNC+Track mutes the track. Could we do it so the inverse is true, too? In mute mode, FUNC+Track selects the track.

Edit: itā€™s some muscle memory I gained from the Digitakt. In mute mode, TRK+trig selects a track without muting or playing the sample. For me who likes staying in mute mode, having to toggle in and out of it to change track leads to me sometimes forgetting whether mute mode is on or off in the heat of the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Another workaround would be to create a copy of the first pattern you can safely return to. Just needs a bit of preparation. A neat method is to have a bank of 8 patterns (1-8) with duplicates in the bottom row (9-16).

4 Likes

Thanks! Thatā€™s a more sensible method than just the nearby neighbor.

this is how it works in the Monomachine, AK/A4 and Octatrack: when in mute mode, pressing a track button changes the active track to it. the step keys correspond to the tracks and pressing one changes its mute state. function + step key allows you to select multiple mute states, and holding function wonā€™t change the mute state(s) until you release it. Iā€™ve been using it this way for fifteen years or so, so this is a real bummer to me. Machinedrum had this latter functionality and RYTM does too, but MD lacked dedicated track buttons (it shared the step ones) and RYTM has a dedicated track selection button, so the former functionality is slightly different for those two.

it may be that Digitakt functions the same as Digitone for mute state editing, I donā€™t own one so Iā€™m not sure. maybe another example of small details they leave out of their cheaper machinesā€¦?

I can confirm that holding FUNC to queue up tracks to mute/unmute at the same time when releasing FUNC isnā€™t doable on the DT or DN. Sounds like a very neat functionality!

1 Like