Digitone feature requests!

Well all of this isnt a problem if one owns a octatrack, but still it would be handy if digitone could do it by himself.

1 Like

I do own an OT, but Iā€™m not trying to lug around 2 devices just to have a few extra features.

i opened a feature request ticket with elektron, but I had this idea the other day, and it would be sweet across all elektron machines!

Wouldnā€™t it be sweet if there was a second live-record mode dedicated to fill trigs only? You enter that mode and all the trigs you place assign themselves to the FILL button/function.

I think that would be so cool and make fills-on-the-fly much more fun and fast

9 Likes

Finetune! Resonating BP Filter.

5 Likes

I would love ā€œrhythmic slopā€ functionally on the DN and DT. Alternatively, Elektron could simply make the per-track quantize percentage an LFO destination (or MIDI). This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately, and is desperately needed in the kind of music I make.

5 Likes

Hello! The Digitone is awesome!
I just wish the data entry knob for Ratio B wouldnā€™t be sooo sensitive. Itā€™s really hard to set the ratio preciselyā€¦

btw
:+1::+1:for portamento (slide) and arp for midi tracks, too

11 Likes

Saving chained patternsā€¦

6 Likes

An option or setting to make patterns affected by overall parameter changing or not.

Tweaking the sounds of a pattern and not affecting next ones is a live performance killer.

9 Likes

The same Master Compressor as on the DT, but with the option to sidechain from the external inputs. :open_mouth:

14 Likes

A new interface for the mute mode : in mute mode, the trig keys from 1 to 8 mute the tracks (audio and midi), the trig 9 to 16 play notes (or toggle mute - unmute) and the track keys serve always to select a track.
It would be much more flexible, we could mutate tracks, play notes and modify tracks whith a single interfaceā€¦

2 Likes

Oh yes! +1

My bloody god, this would be amazing

2 Likes

Please, get rid of those clicksā€¦

1 Like

+1

Find myself fighting this a lot as well. When chaining patterns together into a song to record (also, song mode plz), I need only the trigs to change patterns - and the track sounds and associated parameters shouldnā€™t be wiped out. Iā€™ll be building up some intensity, tweaking the envelope or whatever it may be and havenā€™t reached the climax point yet, but the pattern changes and goodbye to that the build-up.

2 Likes

It shouldnĀ“t be so difficult to add that option, then you can have fixed patterns and others which could be used that way.

Which clicks? No clicks here except for the ones I make myself :grinning:

4 Likes

Please Elektron, how bout a sound pack dedicated to drums and percussionā€¦ The digitone is simply amazingā€¦ It lacks one key feature thoughā€¦Saving chained patternsā€¦

2 Likes

Yes. A drum/percussion sound pack for the digitone would be amazing.

Project-wide external midi setups that can be overridden by a pattern but if not explicitly overridden are shared and updated by all patterns in the project.

1 Like

Oh yeah, this would be a good one. Having an entire project dedicated to using with one specific machine, with each MIDI track set to a global setting by default, would be very useful!

Iā€™ll keep this in mind for the sound pack Iā€™m working on! Iā€™m doing digital/precision sounds for my first pack so itā€™ll naturally include a lot of tight percussion sounds.

4 Likes