Digitone feature requests!

Yes! I’ve been using mine with an oscilloscope when doing sound design lately, it’s very helpful.

3 Likes

Yep slide trigs is one of the best and most powerful aspects of Octatrack (not sure if it’s present in other Elektron boxes) bit disappointed to learn they didn’t put some version of it in DN

2 Likes

LFO “Sync Trig” like on the Octatrack. I have been missing this mode from the start.

“• SYNC TRIG will restart the LFO on track start. The LFO then plays continuously.”

It’s really important to be able to run LFO’s in sync with the sequencer but not restarting at every trig.

Edit: I just found that you can already get this by PLocking the LFO sync mode to “Trig” for the fist trig.

4 Likes

yeah some kinda ability to transpose a track would be cool

Did you check the manual or this thread? Your request might already be there… :wink:

2 Likes
  1. A proper song mode
  2. A proper song mode
  3. A proper song mode
6 Likes

The arp functions really strangely imo. It doesn’t respond to trigless trigs, and the swing amount doesn’t apply to it - making it pretty much useless if you want to exploit all the other strengths of the box. If those two things were fixed I’d be very happy. A random option would be nice as well.

Portamento would be cool, but I have plenty of other synths that can fill that niche so I’m not too concerned about it.

4 Likes

Hold the track button and press up or down

2 Likes

fuck it, I’ll reiterate since it wasn’t prioritized in the latest firmware : portamento. sadddd is a synth without pitch glide, cmon

7 Likes

*8 Bar Patterns (128 steps, that’s a computer friendly number :slight_smile: ) on Digitakt too
If someone knows of a limitation why this can’t be done let me know. I’ve just ran into this want many times especially on fast tempos.

THIS ONE WOULD BE COOL:

• Add Two 2 Op Algorithms and Double the Polyphony on those Tracks!!! Would be handy and would work for various tones.
    |
    and
    0 0
1 Like

Hoping midi learn and midi arp could make it into both digi-boxes.

2 Likes

Please please please add retrigs!!

If you’re feeling extra saucy then portamento :smile:

But seriously retrigs though, hope that’s an easy one too!

:pray:

EDIT: looks like there’s even a few extra ‘unused’ spaces in the TRIG menu :wink:
EDIT2: thanks for the awesome piece of hardware, I will still LOVE it as-is!

7 Likes

ONE other thing.

A way to specify a pitch offset stored in the sound. (not just via track /ptn transpose)

Thank you x infinity :pray:

PORTAMENTO. There is a lot to like about the Digitone, but without portamento, it just feels like it is unfinished.

8 Likes

i don’t think this will happen,elektron boxes have 4 bars since the MD

Die someone already mentioned portamento?

6 Likes

Master Tuning

1 Like

PORTAMENTO Please!PORTAMENTO Please!PORTAMENTO Please!PORTAMENTO Please!

8 Likes

Transposing via keyboard

2 Likes

Digitone is my first elektron Gear. I absolutely love it. Its amazing and I love the “elektron workflow”. Coming from Novation I am wondering about one thing the most.
Novation is known for their incredible updates for circuit in which they actually show they listen to the community and implement features requested and pushing the thing way forward (my guess is… resulting in a new wave of purchases :)).

Anyways, is elektron known for reading these threads and implementing some of the requests here (or any other gear they produce)? If so my request would be…

1# Portamento of course (its really not in there!?)
2# more scales (e.g. pentatonic major, minor etc.) Cool about that would be that you can display 2 octaves at once.
3# random mode in the ARP

Thanks for reading this and consider to implement and add new features with coming point releases.

3 Likes