Digitone feature requests!

Adding a compressor is what I was suggesting.

Using an external signal to side chain to is what I was getting at, if it already has that capability then great.

2 Likes

A proper note off feature! Would be nice for stopping infinite lengh trigs; even better if note off trigs could have conditions applied.

Also, a similar feature to the Monomachine where you can disable LFO/envelope triggers, allowing for legato sounds without having to use complex plocks. EDIT: oops, just realised the filter/LFO trig settings can be parameter locked; I originally thought they couldnā€™t, but was thinking about the env/operator reset modes and operator envelope modes.

+1 more LFOs or multiple LFO mod destinations.
+1 Macro control over parameters (filter cutoff + lfo + delaysend + your choice on one page).
+1 for finetuning operator ratios (especially the Bs)
+1 clicks and pops remove when overlapping notes

Macros is my no#1 feature request, for live use.

2 Likes

I would ask for

• a master compressor just like in the digitakt
  • an eq in the mastersection
  • multitriggers for the sequencer just like in the ar and dt
  • improvement on the sound of the overdrive in the mastersection, it sounds too harsh and rough
  • add more delay- and reverbtypes
2 Likes

Did anyone already mentionned overbridge ? That would be an unexpected neat addition !

Patience my friend

Tbh, I do not careā€¦I just love trolling a bitā€¦

1 Like

During a unquantized recording it could be nice to cancel a recording by pressing FUNC+CLEAR instead of disabling unquantized recording, click recoding and clear the current track. Or am I missing something ?

2 Likes

The ability to save a parameter locked trig as a new sound, somehow. Perhaps holding the trig and pressing the ā€œā€¦ā€ key, which would show ā€œexport trig to new soundā€?

3 Likes
  • adding LFO modulation of delaytime for tapestyle wobble / or bbd like chorus / vibrato
  • adding saturation to the delay like on the A4 and AR
  • 2 more LFOs per track or lets say if you allocate 4 voices to a track will give you 3 x 2 = 6 additional LFOs because voice 2 or 3 or 4 donĀ“t need a copy of voice 1 lfo 1, they just need the modulation as a routing. that can free itĀ“s own lfo
1 Like

How about:
Would be nice to have an option to force KB SCALE through external midi controllerā€¦ as right now KB SCALE can only be played on the digitone keys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vintage hardware FM emulation with aliasing, reduced bit rate, etc.

2 Likes

thatā€™s a really great idea! also for quantized recordingā€¦

The option to apply key scales to the ARP as well. That when you program complex arp transpositions, you donā€™t have to deal with ā€œwrongā€ notes.

5 Likes

Also more envelope modes (looping envelopes also!) would be very usefulā€¦ and please :slight_smile: random mode for the arp

6 Likes

In your experience (you as in those who have been on this forum for a long time), are the elektron devs listening to these kinds of threads?

Digitakt recently got a compressor, and that was something a lot of people requested. This could be coincidental, but it could also be due to the feedback they received.

1 Like

Monomachineā€™s SID ARP mode :wink:

4 Likes

Midi Thru from USB.

That would be really beneficial when using the Octatrack receiving midi from a laptop without a separate midi box.
Is that a simple firmware change or are there hardware constraints?

Yeah, the chorus is kind of weak compared to the one on the A4 which can get some really crazy metallic tones at extreme settings