Digitone feature requests!

The rest of the machine is very good, but this makes it a little stiff. I tryed using the lfos to simulate slides, but many times the lfos are already being used to design the sounds. Also, locking parameters and then activating slide is 100x times easier than assigning lfo dest, speed and depth for every “false” slide.

2 Likes

I finally bought my second Digitone. I can’t get enough Digitone despite all that it is “missing.”

7 Likes

Solid workarounds but when sound designing, I need all my LFOs for creativity. I already loath just one LFO on the RYTM but Plocks of course help.
It’s honestly not the worst thing to be missing and in a real sense it’s preventing me from buying it but I don’t need to spend more money right now so I’ll look for any reason to hold off :slight_smile:

Hopefully in a few months they will add it as it’s a standard requirement in my book.

1 Like

… the digitakt compressor :pray:

12 Likes
  • Portamento/Note Slide
  • Arpeggiator & scales on MIDI tracks
  • Random mode in arpeggiator
  • Melodic minor for KB Scales

Also requested for Digitakt:

• Naming MIDI CCs on the MIDI tracks. I just dont wanna remember what each CC is doing for all my connected MIDI hardware. Could be a global project setting or savable like sounds.
  • Master track volumes that stay at their values when changing patterns. Great for mixing the drums via an external midi controller (like Launchpad XL)
  • MIDI retrigger
  • MIDI Auto learn (so when you move a knob or fader on an ex synth, it automatically assigns within digitakt)
5 Likes

This one is really bothering me. Please allow faster changing of patterns at half speed. Pattern recall is instant so it should be possible to change pattern at least a one step or less before the cycle has finished.

1 Like

Only had the Digitone for a couple of days, but it’s absolutely blowing my mind, an absolute ocean of sounds to be explored. I’m suddenley hearing accordion-like sounds, flutes, bells and whistles, haha. LFO’ing various parameters is a joy. So far, the things I wish for are:

• More LFOs per track, for the love of Gord!
  • Ability to LFO effects (especially the delay)
  • Simpler/less convoluted way of inputting chords in grid mode
  • “Page” transpose, only transpose notes on a certain page of a pattern
2 Likes

I would be surprised if this doesn’t get glide. I’d like to believe that a product manager with a passion for chip tunes wouldn’t let a modern FM device go without at least glissando.

1 Like

To be fair, old sound chips never had automatic glide, it was all parameter based :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll get the main output compressor a la Digitakt

4 Likes

I’m sure it has been mentioned several times but : being able to use the external audio as FM operator…would be so awesome…

7 Likes

Absolutely! Imagine the ridiculousness of feeding back the entire mix into one operator via the headphone out…

[emphasis mine]

but… digitone is new and shiny!

I can see the great usefulness of a “modern” or “instant” delay algorithm that allows changing delay times without pitch artifacts like UA Sandman Pro, NI Replika or MDelayMB (all software).
That would be very helpful when switching patterns with different tempos or different delay times.

Nothing wrong with the present delay if you want those pitch bend artifacts but in general I think it would be preferable to have a direct delay change so you can switch patterns without worrying about the pitch mess that it causes.

Such a delay would also be great for modulation of delay times.

1 Like

It would be nice if you could input your own note scales and save them.

2 Likes

To double or quad the pattern lenght would be very nice for Digitone and Digitakt…also a EQ section for each Track would be also a very nice feature.

1 Like

-Ability to handle External Audio in

-Compressor with sends per track as well as a send for External Audio in

Is there a reason these kind of machines don’t have sends for the compressor?

… [wrong thread]

What do you mean “handle external audio in”? It’s handled in the Master page.
There’s no compressor in Digitone.

Things I think would make a huge difference

• static frequencies on the operators
  • lower sensitivity on the B operator ratios
  • portamento (i know everyone else is saying it, but i wholeheartedly agree.)
  • removing the clicks and pops when the release of one note overlaps the beginning of another note being played. (please this is imperative)
  • Overbridge? The box works great without it, but i mean it was advertised to be enabled with OB.

Other stuff that isn’t as important but would be nice

• More scale modes like (thinking pentatonics and such)
  • another reverb algorithm (I love the one already there, and i do usually send my digitone to my OTmkII so this isnt super important, but effect slots are a premium on the OT)
  • a lofi distortion, with sample and bit rate reduction. (yes i know the OT has that but this box could use some bite too)
  • not sure how possible, but 3 or more LFO’s would be boss. i have work arounds, but they wont be as powerful as one’s in the box.
6 Likes