Digitone feature requests!

I thought Amiga was 16 bit?

If arpeggiators for the midi tracks isnā€™t possible, how about an option to allow the internal synth tracks to send midi out on their respective track channel so they can double up as midi tracks?

You wouldnā€™t have the CC pages obviously, but you would have the arp and another 4 simple midi tracks for sending notes and arps, and layering with the internal synths.

Really love the scales and chords on the midi tracks, but 4 tracks runs out pretty quick!

2 Likes

The CPU is a 16 bit 68000 (assuming A500). The audio is four channels of 8 bit audio.

Think youā€™ll need two turntables and a DJ mixer for that, m8

Thx for clarifying!

There were some interesting things about how it worked. I canā€™t remember all the details, but things like it would play back the samples at a rate based on their frequency or something like that. The max rate was 28KHz. It also had a low pass filter (non resonant). It ended up sounding better than a lot if other 8 bit playback of the period.

seems to me you cant select a track while in a mute mode

you should be able to press FUNC + TRACK to select the track.

currently while in mute mode FUNC + TRACK just mutes the track as wellā€¦ would be great if this performed track selection instead

to me this is just an inverse of usual operationā€¦ normal is FUNC + TRACK quickmutes, tap track to select.

mute mode its tap to mute, but FUNC + TRACK should be selectionā€¦

i quite like the idea of thisā€¦ because muting is performative (tap track button)ā€¦ track selection isnā€™tā€¦(func+track)

jumping out of mute mode to perform track selection is kindā€™ve redundant to meā€¦ u shouldnt have to

3 Likes

hmm. cant say that works for me

Func + Track mutes globally, Pattern + Track mutes on Pattern. No need to enter the mute mode, really.

4 Likes

Yeah but mute mode has its plus points ā€¦ u can see at a glance what track is triggingā€¦ also itā€™s one handedā€¦ your other hand can be controlling some other function (filter eg) and then you can mash the mute keys with the other

to me itā€™s like performing modeā€¦ and having to jump in and out just to track select is kinda like double handling thingsā€¦

would def increase the value of mute mode if it was possible to track select within it

3 Likes

I donā€™t have DN yet, but it would be so cool to have the same small keyboard as my beloved A4 has which allows you to easily assign notes to trigs. I donā€™t like to use live recording mode and prefer to put notes one by one using this keyboard. As DN doesnā€™t have such dedicated keyboard it would be nice to have a workaround. In example something like this: when you hold trig key for a second (or another timeout) the trigs automatically switches to note input mode (simulates piano keyboard by leds) and by pressing corresponding ā€œnoteā€ while holding initial trig you change the note of that trig. After selecting note, note input mode turns off to default trig input mode.

2 Likes

COFEE, Fixed Operator & Dedicated Pitch ENV.

To have all chosen patterns linked, and changes reflected in all of them would be great. A compromise would be to have a one key combination that takes the sound and the pattern in one, for pasting elsewhere. Currently having to copy sound, paste sound, copy pattern, paste pattern, before we even get to effect parameters, well it is inefficient. And this doesnā€™t help with the creative flow. It slows it down.

1 Like

It would actually be nice to at least have a visual cue for when the track is muted. For people like me who have a hard time distinguishing between red and green, I tend to use the mute mode because itā€™s easier to tell what is playing and what is not but then I canā€™t select the track so I am going in and out of the mute mode more than I should, and if I go to the pattern mute mode by mistakeā€¦ It kinda kills the flow.

3 Likes

I tried that email address and it came back unsent. Any one had sucesss with that feature request address?

Yeah there is a Notes Setup mode, it has its own button and page and everything just like you describe

Two things Iā€™ve noticed with it, one is you must press Yes to finalise your notes selection, donā€™t know if this is neccesary

And two, might be wrong here, but doesnā€™t feel like I can re-enter note setup and edit a note/chord for a particular trig, seems I must remove the trig and start from scratch

I do wish whatever the last note you pressed in general would be remembered so u could input that in grid record.

Like your jamming along find a note, say a baseline, and you find the note you want, would be great to then jump in grid record and drop a trig for it, but it doesnā€™t work that way, it always inputs the root

4 Likes

Even after reading all things listed above my #1 wish is sustain pedal responsiveness. The 8 voices and velocity and aftertouch make it a joy to playā€¦ even for a not very talented player like myself.

Sometimes i donā€™t even sequenceā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Control All to change presets on all tracks, just as Digitakt can do with samplesā€¦

4 Likes

Gotta say, if those trig LEDā€™s are rgb it would be Killer to be able to jump into the trig page and assign individual colours to the trigs. I could colour my snare locks blue, my hats purple, kicks greenā€¦ whatever it might beā€¦ but coming up with your own little colour system would be super helpful when jumping around wondering where a trig is at a glance

I love the layout of the trigs in these boxesā€¦ you can literally hold trigs 3 7 11 15 all at once with one hand and do parameter changes or even hold six or 8 trigs at onceā€¦ very cool

5 Likes

more distortion like vinyl crackingā€¦

2 Likes