Digitone feature requests!

I’ll check that out.

It always surprises me when I hear claims of Elektron having unrivalled sequencers, when they are all omitting such obvious functionality

8 Likes

Ability to loop the active page of a multi-page sequence. It would make long sequences so much easier to edit.

6 Likes

Also, how is there no slide function like on the OT? Seriously, Elektron, get your crap together. All of your newer machines should have the same damn sequencer functions. Same with individual track swing. It’s like y’all are trying to drive us crazy!

7 Likes

+1 great idea!

simon provides what seems like a good explanation

5 Likes

I meant parameter slide, like doing p-locks on 2 steps and having them slide between each other. Although portamento would be nice, too.

2 Likes

I would love to see a ‘reverb pre delay’ lfo/modulation parameter added to the effects settings of the Digitone (and Digitakt) without using a midi channel/lfo (CC) for it. The reverb really comes alive when modulating the predelay setting.

That would also be a nice addition for the ‘Delay Time’
I would love some square modulated delay times to get some nice ‘pitch shifting effects’ :slight_smile:

Ah well

2 Likes

+1 to PLock’ing the Arp.
+1 PLocking FX params.

How do people do triplets without Plocking Arps? My current workaround is to save a version of the sound with and without Arp and PLock the Arp version of that sound to the trigger I want. Seems clunky, but it works ok. Not being able to edit the PLocked voice easily is a bit cramping [literally]

2 Likes

Arp parameters as lfo destinations.

2 Likes

Holy crap, that’s kind of a genius idea.

Just to make sure I understand, here’s an example of what I think you’re saying:

1. Sound1 - No arp
  2. Sound 1.2 - Arp TRU with speed of 6
  3. Sound 1.3 - Arp CYC with speed of 3
  4. Sound 1.4 - Arp DWN with speed of 9

Use Sound1 for most of the melodies, then when you want the triplets or crazy “p-locked” arps, soundlock sounds 2-4 at any given point?

3 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

yes please

It seems a bit strange that sound locks can change the arp parameters, but they can’t be directly plocked. I would love to not only be able to plock the arp, but also have it as an LFO destination… because that’s when things can get weird!

6 Likes

We totally need keytracking for the filters. There’s all that empty space on the 2nd filter page! And more lfos! And an assignable envelope like on the A4.

Got mine today. Gotta put it through its paces to see if I’m gonna keep it.

1 Like

It already exists for the multimode filter:

59%20pm

but it’d be nice if it could be set for the base/width filter as well!

3 Likes

Gotcha. Wonder why they didn’t put a knob for easier access.

Another crazy idea. What if, when a parameter was effect by the LFO, you could actually see the parameter moving so you could even more finely tune how far you want the LFO to go? That’d be dope.

Oh, and MIDI arp. Not sure if I’ve said that yet.

2 Likes

It would be nice to gray out the out of scale notes on the DT keyboard without shifting the whole keys. So if C is not in a scale, it is gray out but the C (step#9) stays at its spot. I am learning music theory so I maybe don’t see the point of changing keys positions.

Example: in the C scale the step 9->16 are the white keys on the keyboard, starting at C. But if you change the scale for aeolian F4, the C became a F, why that? I’d prefer to keep the keyboard as it is.

1 Like

Thought about this. The Filter Keytrack is great, but isn’t it unipolar? I love the A4 is bipolar.