Digitone feature requests!

DN’s harmonics doesn’t sound like digitally simulating wavefolding as Elektron might have claimed. You’d notice certain artifacts that are characteristic of interpolation, when modulating by LFO. So why not some more wavetables and user waveform for each operator.

2 Likes

I have the AR, DT, and DN. Song mode on the AR is great and I really wish the DT and DN had it too. Meanwhile, I’m learning how to use them the way they are, but Song mode on the DT and DN would be really great. Elektron are you listening?

1 Like

MUTE With FUNC when in Select mode

like select with func when Mute mode

1 Like

An AI browser, so if you choose a sound, the browser recommends sounds that are similar. Similar to how the plugin omnisphere does.

Please enable the Arp to play and output Midi .
I and lots of other people loves the form factor and the simplicity of the digitone keys, however we also want to use the digitone keys as a master Midi Controller for our midi enabled analogue Modular stuff . Especially the Arp function is quite esentiell here.
Hope you can enable the Arp to Midi function with the next update.

6 Likes

More than one Global slot like the black boxes, I miss this for having different setups

The Digitone rocks, and the power of the dual LFOs are a delight to use. Though I do find myself at times straining to pick up the precise moment-to-moment value of the oscillation while playing, often switching the destination to pitch momentarily to pick it back up.

If the “LFO type” image were to animate in real-time when playing, representing the current settings punched in, I’d be much faster at dialing in the sounds I’m looking for.

Any of y’all feel the same, or are frequency divisions and timings second nature to you by now?

2 Likes

I agree seeing the LFO light flash on the Circuit Monostation makes it much easier to gauge what’s going on and quickly dial in the sort of effect I’m looking for.

1 Like

Even better would be to see the parameter being LFO’d move in real time. It would be way easier to judge the depth and speed of movement like that.

8 Likes

totally, maybe only if you hold down a given page button to see the actual values

My sugestion:

• Put the pool sounds in the midi cc chart to process and trigger it, or process it with external gear or route midi out to midi in (digitone) to manipulate pools sounds in the midi tracks of digitone.
    • Change the color for pools sounds. Track 1 synth sound (color x) pool sound (ex- kick) in track 1 (color y)
    • Rename midi parameters (midi tracks)

Common Elektron!!

Still no MIDI Arp output? :grin:

8 Likes

Last note priority legato.
Lower values for pitch modulation and lfo depths - 1 is often too much

1 Like

I wish the keyboard worked like on the A4, where placing a trig uses the last note you played.

4 Likes

Multimap features missing (…looking at you A4)

I really would like to see this implemented in multimap mode.

But even more the function to trigger a pattern once without starting the sequencer to fire of complex arps and fills etc.

Transpose patterns would also be really handy.

1 Like

-Headphone-only monitoring of patches from the sound pool?
-Arpegiator on the MIDI track?
-Separate FX controls on the EXT input?
-transposition oct± of a patch in a preview browser would be useful as well

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the lfo depths, they allow a much wider modulation range, from very subtle to very extreme - the pitch modulation is tuned so 1 = 1 semi tone, which allows some great tricks like a square wave lfo with +12 depth creating octave jumps. For a simple vibrato you’ll want less than 1 semi tone fluctuation, 0.2 is a good warble sound. Play around with it, it’s pretty great :slight_smile:

Thanks for this comment, I should have been more clear.

I agree, that’s how the lfo depth > pitch mod works and it’s great.

The problem I have is Pitch Wheel > LFO Depth: that control CANNOT be set less than a semitone, making subtle ranges impossible. I want to add a bit of slight vibrato along with the pitch, but it’s too much at 1 when used alongside the pitch bend of a semitone. It needs to work so that you can enter decimal values like the LFO Depth, but it doesn’t from that one menu.

1 Like

I should add that using other parameters with the straight pitch bend is really important to me to get more natural sounding bends. And Elektron has supported this really well, much better than most. So major KUDOS! I don’t want to seem critical, I’m getting a lot out of the way it’s set up. It’s just this one thing I’d like changed.

I have AK and DT and they are two of my all time favorite instruments.

2 Likes

Ah, I understand, sorry for misunderstanding! Yeah, for that use 1 semitone may be a bit too much, unless you’re really subtle with the modwheel

1 Like