Digitone feature requests!

An option for “Pattern Reload on Chg” like the Rytm has “Kit Reload on Chg” - ideally this could be set per pattern

The only workaround I have at present is to reload the pattern but that’s sort of defeating the purpose. When jamming live, I want to play a pattern, mess with it, then play a second pattern, then come back to the first pattern in its original (un-messed-with) state.

have a key combo to force midi patch change msgs, so when switching things on external gear you can get to your original patches without switching patterns. Currently want to switch back I have to go manually edit the patch change for the pattern to trigger this.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when in mute mode, there’s no way to select a track without first going out of mute mode. Normally FUNC+Track mutes the track. Could we do it so the inverse is true, too? In mute mode, FUNC+Track selects the track.

Edit: it’s some muscle memory I gained from the Digitakt. In mute mode, TRK+trig selects a track without muting or playing the sample. For me who likes staying in mute mode, having to toggle in and out of it to change track leads to me sometimes forgetting whether mute mode is on or off in the heat of the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Another workaround would be to create a copy of the first pattern you can safely return to. Just needs a bit of preparation. A neat method is to have a bank of 8 patterns (1-8) with duplicates in the bottom row (9-16).

4 Likes

Thanks! That’s a more sensible method than just the nearby neighbor.

this is how it works in the Monomachine, AK/A4 and Octatrack: when in mute mode, pressing a track button changes the active track to it. the step keys correspond to the tracks and pressing one changes its mute state. function + step key allows you to select multiple mute states, and holding function won’t change the mute state(s) until you release it. I’ve been using it this way for fifteen years or so, so this is a real bummer to me. Machinedrum had this latter functionality and RYTM does too, but MD lacked dedicated track buttons (it shared the step ones) and RYTM has a dedicated track selection button, so the former functionality is slightly different for those two.

it may be that Digitakt functions the same as Digitone for mute state editing, I don’t own one so I’m not sure. maybe another example of small details they leave out of their cheaper machines…?

I can confirm that holding FUNC to queue up tracks to mute/unmute at the same time when releasing FUNC isn’t doable on the DT or DN. Sounds like a very neat functionality!

1 Like

I’m surprised how much more I’m enjoying the Digitone than I ever have the A4. I think this is the first time I’ve actually enjoyed FM synthesis!

Anyway, the only thing I’m missing from the A4 is the levels mixer from Perf mode. I would love to see those assigned to the E-H knobs when you’re in Mute mode. It would make performing with the Digitone a whole lot easier.

11 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I would love key tracking options in the setup menu similar to the ones for velocity and aftertouch. the scaling options are nice, but on an FM synth, key tracking destinations are at least as important as aftertouch. An easier way to save your own sounds would be great too.

4 Likes

Step record sound slots from external keyboard when in MULTI MAP mode.

1 Like

Mute steps in Mute Mode.
This is a standard feature in many drum machines.

1 Like

More scales!!! Please. This should be an easy one to implement

10 Likes

Speaking of scales, it would be really awesome if scale mode actually compressed the keyboard instead of just ‘blanking out’ the unplayable keys. The trig keyboard is already tiny, so it seems crazy to throw away half the potential notes when in scale mode!

And while I’m here… p-lock the arp :crazy_face:

18 Likes

Swing per track

7 Likes

A scale mode where it used buttons 1-8 for one octave and 9-16 for another would be perfect. A bit like the way the Launchpad Pro and Circuit implement scales. I know there are some esoteric scales with more than 8 notes but this would cover the vast majority of them.

And arp on MIDI tracks please.

6 Likes

Note Length as LFO destination please!

9 Likes

got it! thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

midi learn.

midi arp.

lfo to fx.

conditional trigs - finer detail on %

4 chan mixer somehow?

7 Likes

I miss the fact that the CC knobs don’t follow the actual values when these are automated or p-locked.

So when we p-lock an initial setting, and tweak that setting during play, we have a nasty jump from the p-locked setting to the actual knob position setting. On knobby synths it’s obviously a normal situation (unless knobs/faders are motorised!), but software buttons should be able to do this.

So if a feature request for “knob follows automation” option would, for some reason, not be possible, at least a “catch-up” option would be highly appreciated

2 Likes